Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Report your 2012 List Completions!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Report your 2012 List Completions!

Postby Teresa Gergen » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 am

Looks like a lot of people are finishing their lists. The deadline to be included in this year's completion lists is Oct. 15, 2012. This becomes part of the story of Colorado's history of mountaineering, and I'd like to encourage everyone who's completed a list to submit their name.

If you've finished the CO 14ers, 13ers, etc., or any of the CO Hundred Milestones (Highest 100, 200, etc.), you can submit your name to the Colorado Mountain Club (CMC) for the record books. The lists for completions submitted in 2012 will be published in the Winter issue of the "Trail and Timberline," the CMC's quarterly publication, and recorded in the list completion databases. You do NOT need to be a member of the CMC to register your completion. Also, if you've completed a list prior to 2012, but never knew you could report it, you can still turn in your name now.

All completion information can be sent via email to: editor@cmc.org.

If you're reporting a 14er completion, please put "14er Files" in the subject line of your email, and include your name as you'd like it to appear, the name and date of your first 14er, and the name and date of your last 14er, or as much of that information as you can provide. For the 14ers, you can also write a paragraph with a story about your quest, and submit a photograph, which might be included in the 14er article.

If you're reporting a 13er milestone (Highest 100, 200, ..., 600 or All Thirteeners), please put "Beyond the 14ers" in the subject line, and include your name, and the name and date of your final peak in the list(s) you've completed. If you're one of this year's 13er finishers, please list out the info for each hundred group, not just the final 13er.

If you're reporting a 12er or lower milestone (Highest 700 and anything elevation-oriented beyond that), please put "Beyond the 13ers" in the subject line, and include your name, and the name and date of your final peak in the list(s) you've completed.

Thank you!
Teresa

Re: Report your 2012 List Completions!

Postby dnye » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:05 am

I climbed Quandary and Bierstadt, is that a record?

That has to be one of the most pathetic summers of climbing (stupid work and grad school). ](*,)

Postby Mooney Pilot » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:13 am

14 down, 40 to go. At the rate I'm going, I'll finish in the year 2025. Hope this site and the CMC are still around then!

Postby Dave B » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:19 am

I'm having a hard time bringing my list to completion.

List:
1. Enjoy the mountains
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby Theodore » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:20 am

dnye wrote:I climbed Quandary and Bierstadt, is that a record?

That has to be one of the most pathetic summers of climbing (stupid work and grad school). ](*,)

Gotcha beat with one. La Plata. :cry:

Might try to sneak one more trip in before the snow flies in earnest, but I'm stuck one one for 2012. I should finish about when the sun attains red giant status.

Postby cftbq » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:22 am

Thank you, Teresa; I did not know this!
I have been to the mountaintop, and I have seen the force
and the power that animates the universe. That may not
match up with your anthropomorphic or teleological idea of
what "god" is, but it's good enough for me.

Postby Brian Thomas » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:50 am

Last edited by Brian Thomas on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Duffus Kentucky Climber » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 am

No, No, No, Mooney and Theodore. I get to be the most pathetic. Not only was Antero my only summit this year, my wife was with me. IT TOOK TWO PEOPLE TO CLIMB ONE 14ER!!!!!
It looks like the ridge is just right up there!

Postby DeucesWild » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:17 am

Brian Thomas wrote:Sorry for threadjack here, but recent 14er finisher and Denver 14ers Happy Hour Social Secretary SurfNTturf would like to celebrate his finisher by paying for open bar for all Class of 2012 14ers finishers at the next Denver 14ers Happy Hour on Thursday, October 4th. Location to be announced...

Way Cool!

That should be quite the shindig...I'll be looking forward to location info!
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby Jim Davies » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Carol & I finished the named-but-unranked 14er list this year (North Eolus, Conundrum, North Maroon, El Diente, Cameron). I propose we call it the "Middlebrook Society", since this site is responsible for enlarging "the list" to 58 peaks. :mrgreen:
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby TravelingMatt » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:27 pm

Teresa Gergen wrote:If you've finished the CO 14ers, 13ers, etc., or any of the CO Hundred Milestones (Highest 100, 200, etc.), you can submit your name to the Colorado Mountain Club (CMC) for the record books. The lists for completions submitted in 2012 will be published in the Winter issue of the "Trail and Timberline," the CMC's quarterly publication, and recorded in the list completion databases. You do NOT need to be a member of the CMC to register your completion. Also, if you've completed a list prior to 2012, but never knew you could report it, you can still turn in your name now.

Again, which unranked peaks are on the CMC list? I am under the impression it counts Challenger and El Diente only. Is this correct?
So pleas'd at first the towering Alps we try,
Mount o'er the vales, and seem to tread the sky,
Th' increasing prospects tire our wand'ring eyes,
Hills peep o'er hills, and Alps on Alps arise!
-- Alexander Pope

Postby Jim Davies » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:39 pm

El Diente and North Maroon are on the CMC list, Challenger (although named and ranked since 1987) is not.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Next