Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Hard San Juan 13ers - Sept 28-30

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Hard San Juan 13ers - Sept 28-30

Postby thatnissanguy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Barring a major snow accumulation I will likely be headed out to the Ouray/Telluride area for the long weekend. I'm interested in climbing Dallas, Teakettle, Gilpin, Cirque, Potosi, etc. If anyone is interested in these, you would be welcome to come with. I have transportation and all equipment needed. You would need camping gear, basic climbing equipment, and trad follower skills.

Itinerary is as follows: Thursday after work - leave Denver and drive to Telluride. Friday - climb. Saturday - climb. Sunday - climb and drive home.

I'm sure a few people on here can attest to the fact that I suck at climbing and have no sense of humor. These include Fireonthemountain, Jameseroni, Winter8000m, Andyouseemee, etc.
Last edited by thatnissanguy on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Walk away quietly in any direction and taste the freedom of the mountaineer.” - John Muir

Re: Hard San Juan 13ers - Sept 28-30

Postby AndYouSeeMe » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Add my name to the list of those that know what a hack you are.....

:lol:

Postby thatnissanguy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Done! Thank you sir for a good reference \:D/
“Walk away quietly in any direction and taste the freedom of the mountaineer.” - John Muir

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Snow is a fallin down there homie.

Bailed on a Teakettle attempt yesterday, rained pretty hard in Yankee Boy through the night, woke up to see white up high. Vestal basin is gettin kinda pounded now, just checked the weather.

http://www.durangomountainresort.com/MountainCams/
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby thatnissanguy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:25 pm

I've seen the weather forecast for the area. Some of the snow forecasts are a little "optimistic". I would expect to see little snow from this system. Rain, obviously not an issue. Plus there is some time for things to burn off on southern aspects before I get there. Sorry to hear you guys bailed on Teakettle. Bummer!