Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Mountain Jon
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Mountain Jon »

:-" Dogfish head punkin ale. It's 7% and made with nutmeg, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and I think a couple other things but its delicious and great for cool fall nights.
Scotzman
14ers: 14  1 
13ers: 7 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Scotzman »

I really enjoy Ubu Ale, 7%, rich brown color and smooth :)
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.
Tango2Hotel
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Tango2Hotel »

Odell's Mountain Standard!
J-RockandRockpile
Trip Reports (0)

Post by J-RockandRockpile »

Tango2Hotel wrote:Odell's Mountain Standard!
+1 and Mercenary, St. Lupalin (sp?) was fantastic too.

Odell just does a wicked fantastic job
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good
traderaaron
14ers: 16 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (3)

Post by traderaaron »

Uncorked a bottle of Elevation Beer Co. (Poncha Springs, CO) Signal de Botrange on Saturday, my friends loved it and were wishing I had brought back a lot more from my recent visit to the brewery.
Randy
14ers: 24 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Randy »

Anchor steam
kansas
Trip Reports (4)

Post by kansas »

Possibly the best quad out there.
Attachments
beer_6170.jpg
beer_6170.jpg (15.3 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer
moneymike
14ers: 57  57  9 
13ers: 132 123 39
Trip Reports (46)

Post by moneymike »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
OBC13 wrote:Wait a minute. I went through the first 10 pages and there was only one vote for Coors, and his wife works there. I don't usually drink beer but when I do, I prefer Coors. Stay thirsty!
Hmm, that reminds me that I need to add a barf smilie to the forum!
Now, now, Bill. Let's not be beer snobs. [-X

You see, Bill, beer is like women. Everyone likes to brag about the favorites they've had, but we all, secretly, have an appreciation for the cheap and readily available.
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford

"Slow and steady wins the race (unless you're racing someone who is fast and steady)."
moneymike
14ers: 57  57  9 
13ers: 132 123 39
Trip Reports (46)

Post by moneymike »

And I like Coors because it's easy to make at home. All you need, is a can of budweiser and some tap water!
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford

"Slow and steady wins the race (unless you're racing someone who is fast and steady)."
dwemp6
14ers: 22  2 
13ers: 24 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dwemp6 »

I am a serious hop head. IPA, Pale Ales, Extra Pale Ales, Belgian Style Ales are usually what I order everywhere. My favorite is usually the O'Dells IPA, however there is nothing like seeing something on a menu you have never seen or heard of and ordering it.

A great place to do that in is the Cheeky Monk and if you have not been to any of the Cheeky Monk locations I highly recommend visiting. They have beer, on tap and bottled, that will change your life.
Collect memories, not things.
bking14ers
14ers: 49 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bking14ers »

When I was out climbing a month ago. I stopped in at the True Grit Cafe. I tried the Silverton Gold Lager. Man is that good. So... I called the brewry to see if they could ship me some home in cans or bottles. NOT!!! So I got to wait for another trip. Two thumbs up.
Everything you want in life is on the other side of fear. -- Margaret T.
You'll never have a better chance to climb that mountain than you do today. -- Dave C.
Dude! I knew you would cave-in once we got up there. -- Dean G.
im_t_wal
14ers: 21 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (0)

Post by im_t_wal »

I don't think I could pick a favorite. Depends on the mood, season, etc.

A common go to for me is Ten Fidy. And its nice that it's in a can so I can take it on hikes: http://craftbeersummits.tumblr.com/tagged/ten-fidy :)

So many local breweries doing good things too: Dry Dock, Crooked Stave, Great Divide, River North. I want a beer now.
Last edited by im_t_wal on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.