Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

2012 Fall Gathering

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: 2012 Fall Gathering

Postby scottfarish » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:36 pm

laxcountrypiper wrote:I'm really new to this site, but I think I'm going to try to join the gathering and brings a few friends with me. Please be kind hahaha

You are only allowed to go if you bring your pipes and play a few jigs. I'm hauling a 1/5 of Black Bush with me, and that would go perfect with some "Scotland the Brave" \:D/

Postby semitrueskerm » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Piper Down!

Postby Chary » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Looking to hitch a ride from Denver metro on Friday (any time after 12pm) and return either on Saturday night or Sunday morning. If you still have a space, please let me know. Thank you.

Postby laxcountrypiper » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:12 am

scottfarish wrote:
laxcountrypiper wrote:I'm really new to this site, but I think I'm going to try to join the gathering and brings a few friends with me. Please be kind hahaha

You are only allowed to go if you bring your pipes and play a few jigs. I'm hauling a 1/5 of Black Bush with me, and that would go perfect with some "Scotland the Brave" \:D/

That can be arranged, although these days I'm typically only good for a summit Amazing Grace. If I do Pyramid on Saturday I'll probably just want to go do bed so you'll have to join me on Snowmass the next day if you want to enjoy that Black Bush with a little music.

Postby Lemmiwinks » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 am

bergsteigen wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:I was originally planning on the S-Ridge Saturday, but with the high number of people doing that route, I'm considering switching to Treasure/Treasury. Anyone else considering that combo? I haven't seen a lot of discussion on those two peaks.

The Treasure/Treasury combo is my main interest. Looking at about 14 miles and 6.6K from Yule Creek/Marble. Need to check some more maps to see where road ends and trail begins. Should be a stout day! Just like the Horn loop :lol:

As long as we don't have to deal with the deadfall that we had on the Horn loop, I'm good to go!
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer

Postby IHikeLikeAGirl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:41 am

This may get lost in the shuffle, but could anyone doing ANY of the 13ers in the area, get a gpx track, take buttloads of pics and then allow me to benefit from your route finding prowessez? Am interested in all of the peaks there, but route finding is not my forte. :(

My forte is following other people's routes.... :-D

Thanks and have a great time! I'll be on a 14er with a 15er or else I'd be there.

Lemmiwinks wrote:
bergsteigen wrote:The Treasure/Treasury combo is my main interest. Looking at about 14 miles and 6.6K from Yule Creek/Marble. Need to check some more maps to see where road ends and trail begins. Should be a stout day! Just like the Horn loop :lol:

As long as we don't have to deal with the deadfall that we had on the Horn loop, I'm good to go!

Deadfall and postholing, it was a perfect loop!
"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit."
- Mitch Hedberg

Postby JQDivide » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:19 am

I can't make it this year.
Hope ya'll have fun.
JQ
Have you seen God in His splendors, heard the text that nature renders? (You'll never hear it in the family pew).
The simple things, the true things, the silent men who do things -- Then listen to the Wild -- it's calling you.
R.W.Service

Postby Kitten » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:53 pm

We'll be joining on Friday and Sat evenings. This time we are planning on doing some mountain biking in the area, so won't be hiking 8) , but we are looking forward seeing everybody else again!
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda, Star Wars.

Postby SurfNTurf » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm

I'll be staying in town for Rob's memorial and a kickball tournament. Best of luck to everyone and have fun!

It seems at this point I'm a Spring-Gathering-only type of guy.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:55 pm

I will not be able to attend the gathering.
:(
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby coloradokevin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:47 am

Sorry to see that you can't make it, Bill.

We'll be there, with a plan of arriving tomorrow evening sometime. We're probably leaving Denver in the 2pm-6pm range, depending on Amber's work schedule for the day. We'll be the ones in the big blue diesel pickup truck.

Postby nkan02 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:45 am

Looking forward to the gathering as well. Leaving Denver around 4/5pm tonight. Open to last minute carpooling. Plan is to stay until Sunday. Leaves should be at the peak. Excited!

PreviousNext