Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Harvard/Columbia trail conditions

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Harvard/Columbia trail conditions

Postby SummitKathy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Has anyone been up there recently? I was there in the early spring and there were a ton of trees down all over the trail. Does anyone know if that's still the case? Thanks
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”-John Muir

Re: Harvard/Columbia trail conditions

Postby godsnthemtns » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi,
We were there two weeks ago and there were no trees on the trail.
It use to be about proving me, now it's about being me and seeking HIM! Nature is where we are reminded how small we are, but how great we can be with HIM!

Re: Harvard/Columbia trail conditions

Postby OrthoMatt » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:42 pm

I did the Harvard-Columbia traverse last Saturday (9/15) from North Cottonwood Creek and it was clear. There weren't any downed trees and the trail was easy to follow. It is also a great time to go since the trees are changing color now.