Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

How to update my peak ticklist

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

How to update my peak ticklist

Postby jomagam » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:41 am

I know this is the lamest question ever, but I only do a few 14ers every year and it always takes forever to figure out how to tick them on this site. Please help !

Re: How to update my peak ticklist

Postby DurangoJenn » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:44 am

Go to the Forum tab in blue at the top of the page, user peak checklists, follow arrow to the right to update your 14er checklist.

Postby denvermikey » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:45 am

Once you are signed in, from the home page, click on the icon toward the bottom of the page that says "Personal Peak Lists". This will bring you to a page and allow you the option to "Add/Update My 14er List".
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" - William Wallace
"Because it's there" - George Mallory
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - Unknown

Postby jomagam » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:54 am

Thank you thank you !

Postby Tory Wells » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:56 am

The Colorado 14ers 9,758 lists

The Colorado 13ers 2,180 lists

LOVE this. The 14ers are getting so crowded lately (with so much of the wrong crowd), but the 13ers are still fairly ignored. I hiked Pacific and Atlantic yesterday and saw no one. 8)
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach

Postby Brian Thomas » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:10 am

Appreciate your concern for this. Having a 14ers checklist that is completed in a timely and accurate manner (replete with checklist icons and notes, if you favor that) is the single greatest reason for registering on 14ers.com.

Second only to getting "likes" on your trip reports.

Postby DeucesWild » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:13 am

Brian Thomas wrote:Appreciate your concern for this. Having a 14ers checklist that is completed in a timely and accurate manner (replete with checklist icons and notes, if you favor that) is the single greatest reason for registering on 14ers.com.

I'd rather have comments on my trip reports than "likes". 1 comment = 5 likes IMO. Takes more effort.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby Brian Thomas » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:22 am

DeucesWild wrote:I'd rather have comments on my trip reports than "likes". 1 comment = 5 likes IMO. Takes more effort.

Point taken, but note that trip reports can only receive one "like" vote per registered user. There is no limit on the number of comments users can post. Also, negative comments could be posted.

As a barometer of external validation, the "like" vote total is better.
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby DeucesWild » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:38 am

Brian Thomas wrote:As a barometer of external validation, the "like" vote total is better.

I see where you're coming from, but the "like" button is a bit ageist. Old Fartz who don't FB don't see the purpose of a "like" button, therefore some of the elderly won't be externally validated.

So, we either need to emphasize the importance of a "like" button to everyone on 14ers, or need to come up with a better formula that combines comments and "likes" into the ultimate external validation tool.

But you know, when it comes right down to it, I prefer snowflakes over all the other icons. At the rate that Bill erases my snowflake comments, it makes them seem so...special in an "on the edge" kinda way. I can't wait to get more snowflakes!
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby bonehead » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 am

Hey Brian.
Your last Avatar was disturbing enough.
But why go back and repeat
your previous disturbing Avatar.
How can anyone take you seriously.
Probably not the point.
At least the Deuce has been consistent.
And I hope he does not do Duran Duran.
"No Mas"

Postby jomagam » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Brian Thomas wrote:Appreciate your concern for this. Having a 14ers checklist that is completed in a timely and accurate manner (replete with checklist icons and notes, if you favor that) is the single greatest reason for registering on 14ers.com.

Whatever, dude. Love how some people can have such far reaching conclusions from questions by people they never met.

Postby smoove » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Dude, your list is totally lacking bling. Check mine out. Totally blinged out. Unfortunately, I'm a horrible skier and I rarely solo or I would go for max bling. But you should at least hit the 3k button on yours. That's probably the most important one, anyway.

Next