Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Search history

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Search history

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:31 am

Hey Bill,

I missed something along the line - trying to search some forum history and I see it only goes back to late 2010.

Are the prior files gone? Is there a way to access them?

Thanks!

Jim

Re: Search history

Postby Jay521 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:42 am

I found some stuff going back to 2005 (advanced search, "Longs", date ascending). Kinda cracked me up that the first entry was something like "Longs Peak equals divorce". Been there, done that...
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down

Postby USAKeller » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:52 am

Jim - what kind of search did you do? I just ran a quick one on "Quandary" and it goes back to 2005. Perhaps the topic you were looking for was too specific or wasn't discussed earlier on?
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi Caroline,

I just searched "Quandary" and it only brought up one result - your post above. : (

Sometimes computers baffle me.

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:04 pm

USAKeller wrote:Jim - what kind of search did you do? I just ran a quick one on "Quandary" and it goes back to 2005. Perhaps the topic you were looking for was too specific or wasn't discussed earlier on?

Hi Caroline,

Hey, I was trying to find the announcement for the 2nd annual Winter Welcomer on Quandary. It would have been sometime in September or October 2010. The farthest back the search goes is to September 2011. I even tried looking back as far as possible in the Climbing Connection, and it only went back like 68 pages, to December 2010. We've had the Climbing Connection a lot longer than that. :-k

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Jim

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:54 am

Most sub-forums get "pruned" automatically so the site doesn't grow out-of-control. This would explain why some old threads go away.

Sorry, but I can't keep everything. :)
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby djkest » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:54 am

Dances, what are you trying to find from the Quandary Winter Welcomer 2010? I was one of the people who went on that day, although I started late so I missed some people on my way up.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

Postby USAKeller » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:01 am

Dancesatmoonrise wrote:
USAKeller wrote:Jim - what kind of search did you do? I just ran a quick one on "Quandary" and it goes back to 2005. Perhaps the topic you were looking for was too specific or wasn't discussed earlier on?

Hi Caroline,

Hey, I was trying to find the announcement for the 2nd annual Winter Welcomer on Quandary. It would have been sometime in September or October 2010. The farthest back the search goes is to September 2011. I even tried looking back as far as possible in the Climbing Connection, and it only went back like 68 pages, to December 2010. We've had the Climbing Connection a lot longer than that. :-k

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Jim

This isn't the thread you were looking for, was it? http://www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28149
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Ah, alas, no, Caroline, it was not. :cry:

I was trying to find the catchy photos and sales pitch of the second annual that got so much attention. :wink:

It would likely have been posted in September 2010, I'm guessing.

No worries, I'll come up with something this year. Figured I'd wait to do the official announcement till maybe next week, so as not to detract from the Gathering festivities and TRs. \:D/