Need Big Favor/Longs Peak Conditions Update

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Winter8000m
14ers: 29  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (35)

Need Big Favor/Longs Peak Conditions Update

Post by Winter8000m »

Longs Peak is getting blasted and will see 10 to 16 inches of snow by noon according to Mr. Tomer!!! =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/

That being said, anyone heading up there this weekend in the great weather? I got to work sadly so I can't but need a BIG favor from someone that does. Well not much of one, just a picture that you can take on the way back from your excursion when it's light out..Please [-o<

I need a picture of the Lower East Face. You can take it and zoom in from the cut off of Keyhole route/Chasm Lake. Even better would be from Chasm Lake if your heading that way. With this dump of snow, freezing temps at night, 45 highs during the day (at 13k), lowish winds, I got high hopes for some rarely formed ice routes there that usually only form for a couple of days in Sept/Oct. Since I have to work, I can't make it up there. Basically, the Lower East face right above the beginning of Lambs Slide, to the lower left of the Diamond.

Thanks!
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)
JohnWilliams
14ers: 10  2  1 
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Need Big Favor/Longs Peak Conditions Update

Post by JohnWilliams »

Smear of Fear?
I might be up there on sunday
-I tend to be a Longs Peak nerd. If you have questions about the Longs Peak Massif please, feel free to ask.

But at times I wondered if I had not come a long way only to find that what I really sought was something I had left behind-Tom Hornbein

And this time you gave me a mountain. A mountain I may never climb-Marty Robbins
Winter8000m
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Winter8000m »

That's the one. Interested in also seeing Fields Chimney (left of North Chimney) That would be awesome John!! Big thanks if you can
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)
JohnWilliams
14ers: 10  2  1 
Trip Reports (9)

Post by JohnWilliams »

If I head up there I'll get a look at both. I hope they're forming!!
-I tend to be a Longs Peak nerd. If you have questions about the Longs Peak Massif please, feel free to ask.

But at times I wondered if I had not come a long way only to find that what I really sought was something I had left behind-Tom Hornbein

And this time you gave me a mountain. A mountain I may never climb-Marty Robbins
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

If the snow melts enough we'll be on Keyhole ridge on Saturday, I'll grab a picture of the lower east face from Chasm View, not sure if Fields or smear of fear is all that visible from there though.
Make wilderness less accessible.
Winter8000m
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Winter8000m »

Thanks guys. Yup Fields is out of view unless you go to Chasm Lake. The smear can be seen from that cut off along with the top half of Alexanders for sure. Hoping they got that much snow and the temps are what they say they are but hopefully conditions are good enough for you guys. 8) Maybe for once, we can have a primo year as far as conditions. I hope.

Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Noah, It didn't look like much had formed at all on the lower east face this morning. I got a picture, but it doesn't show much of anything.

With that said, there were a lot of water streaks all down the east face this afternoon. Could turn into something good with the next storm coming in.

Sorry to be of so little help, hopefully John will have better news.
Make wilderness less accessible.