Other ways to help...

Poles on Bierstadt

Post lost and found items here.

Re: Poles on Bierstadt

Postby IkeB » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks jay![url][/url]

Postby zdero1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 am

MntOwl wrote:A sixer of Fat Tire told me this. "people stop leaving your crap on the mountain!". It is getting old hearing about this lost and found BS! Bring it in bring it out, stashing gear on 14ers is for the weak!

Edit: go rams!!

I agree that people should pack out what they bring in, but I'm not going to blame someone for ditching two lightning rods when significant electrostatic activity is going on in the immediate area of the climber. That's not being weak, that's being smart. Thankfully, there are people like Jay who don't mind helping out a fellow member of the 14er community.

Postby tmathews » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:45 am

MntOwl wrote:A sixer of Fat Tire told me this. "people stop leaving your crap on the mountain!". It is getting old hearing about this lost and found BS! Bring it in bring it out, stashing gear on 14ers is for the weak!

Edit: go rams!!

Wow, I know there are a few assholes here, but you really take the cake. Ben hikes up in an attempt to honor our recently-fallen friend, Rob Jansen, (here's a little reading, for context), and this is what you have to say to him? That's besides the point, though. Someone has to ditch his gear for fear of his personal safety and you're complaining that hearing about lost gear is "getting old"? Well, here's a helpful hint: Click on display settings, uncheck the "Lost and Found" sub-forum, and click the Save Changes button at the bottom. That way the threads posted to Lost and Found won't display on the homepage for you. While you're at it, you might as well uncheck the "Climbing Accidents and Memorial" subforum since compassion seems to be missing from your list of redeemable qualities.

Stay classy.

Postby Jesse M » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:00 pm

I meant NO disrespect to Rob Jansen in my post!! Terry you should read the rules of the Forum. You are not passing that banner you carry so well off to me so easily. Again no disrespect was intended towards Rob. I have been called a Troll, personal troll, and now biggest A-hole on this site, I guess it can't get much worse than that. I can only go up from here, or live up to your expectations, time will tell.

EDIT: my parody was in bad taste, I am very sorry if I offended you!

Previous