Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

My 14er record attempt

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: My 14er record attempt

Postby Harvester » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:50 pm

andyclimbs wrote:Just posted a TR about my experience pacing Homie these past few days. I hope you enjoy!

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=12757

- Andy Wellman

Thanks Andy for writing all that out, very good read indeed.

Postby Paul S » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Any word on how John's doing after his BIG adventure? Hope he's doing well and recovering nicely. We're still in awe over what he did and went through! :faint:

Postby Prairie Tater » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:24 pm

John, I just want you to know that your family in Missouri is very proud of you for what you've done. And I hope that you are not seriously injured. We are getting together with your mom & dad tomorrow for his birthday. Wish you, Lori & the girls could be there. You and your endeavor will probably be the main topic of conversation. =D> Uncle Terry

Postby cjporter2011 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks Andy, I enjoyed reading that. Thanks to Bill, as well, for providing us with updates on Homie's blog.

I hope Homie is recovering well and getting some much needed R&R with his wife and daughters.

I like that he kept SPOT going for some of his drive back home. I notice that a handful of his check-ins were where I believe Bongo Billy's sits in Buena Vista. :-P

Postby FireTruck8 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Homie, Congratulations on such a valiant effort. As I continue my pursuit of conquering these awesome peaks I will forever push myself just a little harder . Thanks
Cave Dog- Your words of appreciation and recognition of Homies hard work are a testimony to your character, good stuff!!!

Postby psycholoco » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Prairie Tater wrote:John, I just want you to know that your family in Missouri is very proud of you for what you've done. And I hope that you are not seriously injured. We are getting together with your mom & dad tomorrow for his birthday. Wish you, Lori & the girls could be there. You and your endeavor will probably be the main topic of conversation. =D> Uncle Terry

This makes me smile.

Postby Burns Dog » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:15 am

Hi all, I was on Cave Dog's team for most of his 14ers effort and for some of his other challenges. I just found out about this, and I wanted to add in my congratulations to Homie on his insanely impressive run.

This brought back some really great memories for me, so thank you for that, and thanks for being an inspiration!

Burns Dog

Postby SolarAlex » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:15 am

congrats homie!!!! even though you didnt realize your goal, i would say this has been a huge success, both for you and the community. the number of people who have been motivated to run or hike or climb (myself included) by your exploits is probably huge. You should take pride in how many people you have inspired to strive for greatness.

congrats man, you definitely have my respect!! =D> =D> =D>

Postby heide » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:47 pm

John & Eric -

Congratulations to each of you on your respective fantastic achievements!

As Gene913 & others have said, your efforts are (waaay) beyond impressive. Following your pursuits on 14ers.com the last two weeks has been totally compelling, utterly inspiring, and jaw dropping testament to what motivated, disciplined, dedicated, and iron-willed human beings are capable of achieving.

Thank you for allowing others like me to in some very small measure share your endeavors.

And best of luck in whatever your choices might be further challenges.

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:06 pm

John,

Congrats on an incredible accomplishment!

Postby Prairie Tater » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Just to show that Homie is not strictly a "landlubber", I thought I'd share this photo of John & Lori when they paddled Brown's Canyon with us a few years ago.

Postby matt pierce » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:33 am

This thread is soooo long! I havent been able to keep up with it all!

Congrats to you on an amazing run! I think back to some of the longer days or weekends Ive had on 14ers and think about how tired or worn out I was and then try to imagine doing 41 14ers in a week - inconceivable!

Very impressive! Congrats... =D>

PreviousNext