Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby Navigaiter » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:24 am

I'm a bit late to this party (OK I'm a lot late), but I generally always have the tunes going when I'm solo. I don't play music loud enough that I can't hear everything else. Instead, they're just a great backdrop and soundtrack for the overall experience. This is one I always try to listen to each climb:

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Don't. Stop. The. Party. 8)

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby susanjoypaul » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:31 pm

There has never been, nor shall there ever be, another...

Happy Birthday Freddie.

Postby oldschoolczar » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Never have been a big Pearl Jam fan even though Ten is the second CD I ever owned... :)

However, I can't recommend the "Into the Wild" soundtrack enough! It is Eddie Vedder's first solo album (and only one I've ever sat through)... Makes me wanna head for the hills!

"Tonight I'll shave the mountain
I'll cut the hearts from pharoahs"
-Tom Waits

Postby nfire » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:30 am

I'm loving this album by First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar

great stuff

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:16 am

oldschoolczar wrote:Never have been a big Pearl Jam fan even though Ten is the second CD I ever owned... :)

However, I can't recommend the "Into the Wild" soundtrack enough! It is Eddie Vedder's first solo album (and only one I've ever sat through)... Makes me wanna head for the hills!

I've been going through a Beatles and grunge phase lately (interesting combo eh?) Pearl Jam is alright, but Pixies are damn right awesome.

Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby nfire » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:50 pm

eat when i'm hungry, let me drink when i'm dry
two dollars when i'm hard up...
religion when i die

Postby Navigaiter » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:14 pm

oldschoolczar wrote:Never have been a big Pearl Jam fan even though Ten is the second CD I ever owned... :)

I couldn't agree more! And, I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of this one first. This is easily one of my all-time favorite songs, and few songs sound better in the mountains:

Postby Brian Thomas » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:45 pm

"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby Harvester » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:16 pm

I never listen to tunes on the trail but as a general rule I always crank this one out when I reach 5 minutes from the trailhead... Its got the funk.

The Apples - Killing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL3X20QP4Ts

Postby Kiefer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:43 pm

I just can't stop listening to this!!!
VNV Nation "Radio"
"Wisdom comes from making mistakes.
Experience, is the knowledge of knowing what to do when one makes a mistake and wisdom,
stems from the changes we go through while learning from those mistakes."

Postby Yog » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:56 pm

VNV Nation is awesome!..but of course you know that Kiefer, we pretty much have the same types of music in common.

Really enjoyed listening to Into the Wild soundtrack, Pink Floyd - Wish you were here, and new Dead Can Dance album on my last climb.
. . .Now, after the hours of torment . . . I have nothing more to do than breathe . . .I am nothing more than a single, narrow, gasping lung, floating over the mists and the summits.
-Reinhold Messner

PreviousNext