Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Difficulty editing TR - Sunday 8-26-12 17:30 hrs

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Difficulty editing TR - Sunday 8-26-12 17:30 hrs

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Bill,

Having a heck of a time getting a TR done. It was working fine till around 5 or 5:30 pm today. Currently, the edits show correctly in the Edit TR page, but when clicking on Save as Inactive, then preview, it only shows the prior edit, not the current one. It did this a couple times and after hitting it a few times it got the new edits in, but it seems to be stuck on the most recent edits. And the report ain't done yet. : (

I tried saving the entire edit page text in Word so it's preserved. Then opened a new brouser window, went to edit the TR, pasted the whole thing in, and same deal - it seems stuck on the prior, unfinished version.

What's up, do you suppose?

Thanks,

Jim

Site Administrator

Re: Difficulty editing TR - Sunday 8-26-12 17:30 hrs

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Jim, did you get it to work? If not, do you get an error message?

I see 4 current TRs for the same peaks but I'm not sure which is the one in question and if they were all supposed to be created or not.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: Difficulty editing TR - Sunday 8-26-12 17:30 hrs

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Bill, took some time and patience, but got everything working.

TR is up.

Yes, the others were intended. They are supporting data for the main TR. Without them, the active TR won't work.

What sometimes happens, not just today but other times as well - after making an edit and clicking on "save as inactive," it will give the internet explorer error page. This is an intermittent problem. I've learned to select all, copy, then hit save, and if it gives the error, go back, and past the copied edit into the edit page, and re-hit save. Today, though, it sometimes took five or six tries, around 5:30 or 6:00 pm.

In any case, all is well, TR is up.

BTW, it may give some answers to your post about Gray Needle.

Thanks again for the hands-down best website around, and all the work you do to keep it that way!

Jim