Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Christmas (list) Season is Here!

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Christmas (list) Season is Here!

Postby MtnHund » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Sadly, I need to decide now (actually probably last month) what is on my Christmas list before my family finishes shopping.

Right now, I find myself in the market for insulating-layer pants for winter backpacking and ascents. The fleece I have used in the past is simply too bulky and has a tendency to collect snowballs (even under gaiters with shell pants...). I was leaning toward the First Ascent Igniter Pant - but it looks like they no longer offer tall (34" inseam) sizes after the redesign this spring. Anyone have any guidance or recommendations? Our budget is $150. Brand name is not an issue as long as they work and are durable (thus ruling out TNF).

Also, what's on your Christmas list?
The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world - any dog - Daniel Tosh

Re: Christmas (list) Season is Here!

Postby Dave B » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:45 pm

"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby globreal » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Heated floor....WiFi....

Need I say more?
Attachments
photo.JPG
My kinda tent
photo.JPG (88.56 KiB) Viewed 671 times
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Postby d_baker » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Britt, you get that and I would tent with you again anytime!! :)

Postby rking007 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:52 am

globreal wrote:Heated floor....WiFi....

Need I say more?

I think I would buy that solely based on the fact that it looks like a giant rolly polly... does it roll up into a ball when it rains or if bears come to steal your stuff? :-D
- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

Postby USAKeller » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:37 am

globreal wrote:Heated floor....WiFi....

Need I say more?

^^That tent is LEGIT!!

I'm interested in one of these BioLite Stove and USB Chargers. I need to be able to charge my iPhone wherever I go.
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby SeracZack » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 am

Figured I would revive this since it is getting really close to that time of the year.

On my list: Garmin 450 GPS

http://www.rei.com/product/798879/garmin-oregon-450-gps
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Postby Johnson » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:02 pm

Britt just set the bar so dang high that this thread is dead.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby wildlobo71 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:14 pm

USAKeller wrote:^^That tent is LEGIT!!

LOL... Love the response!

Serious - that tent - is the bomb... and bombproof. Is that roof retractable?
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:37 pm

1. La Sportiva Nepals
2. A couloir season

That's about it.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby Floyd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:56 pm

I want a pair of these to wear while I'm on Vail's new gondola. I don't ski, but I'll look legit while going to the restaurant.
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason

Postby lordhelmut » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Floyd wrote:I want a pair of these to wear while I'm on Vail's new gondola. I don't ski, but I'll look legit while going to the restaurant.

Every Broville with a trust fund's dream gift.

Next