Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

3D Peak Rotation (Orbit) Models

Check here for updates to the forum and site.

Will these models be helpful

Poll ended at Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:43 pm

Yes
95%
No
5%
Yes, BUT I HAVE DIALUP INTERNET
No votes

Total votes : 39

Postby Kojones » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:25 am

Hiking Mike wrote:Looks great to me too. I don't know how you find time to add all this great stuff to your site Bill. :)

Yes, how do you find time? The newest ones look great! Thanks for accepting my vote for Capitol Peak. The bigger size is great. Looking forward to the higher resolution models! At this rate, you'll have the entire World done in about a week!

Kojones
Climbing partner: "Is this uphill the whole way?"
Kojones: "No, only half the hike is uphill."

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:05 pm

Usually a lot of late nights on the computer, and my wife thinks I'm crazy!

As I create new models, they can now be accessed on individual Peak->Route->Map pages using the following button:
And, I've added the main 3D Models page to the Main Route Page and the "More Pages and Links" box on the 14ers.com home page.
Last edited by BillMiddlebrook on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:37 pm

DONE! Well, with the exception of Mt. Wilson and El Diente Peak because I couldn't get some GIS data to merge properly.

The 3D models can be found on the Route/Map pages in the Online Guidebook or by using the main 3D Peak Model page which can also be accessed from the "More links..." box on the Home Page.

Someday, if I can afford to buy ArcGIS for the site, I hope to redo the models with route overlays, elevation notations, and terrain cover.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Previous