Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

AT Boots

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: AT Boots

Postby RoanMtnMan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:30 pm

farcedude wrote:
douglas wrote:I recommend Larry's Boot Fitting in Boulder. I now have my first comfortable boots in years (Dynafit). He's not necessarily cheap but oh so worth it.

What's the process like for going to see him? And what does he charge? I keep hearing rave reviews, so that where I think I'll go, I just want to know what to expect.

Larry is the best in the Frange as far as I have experienced. I had to study him intently to setup my garage. Grin. Almost any AT boot can get it done in comfort these days, but a good fitter is key. Don't spend too much though, AT boots in 3-4 years are gonna be on a different level altogether.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Postby douglas » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:04 am

farcedude wrote:
douglas wrote:I recommend Larry's Boot Fitting in Boulder. I now have my first comfortable boots in years (Dynafit). He's not necessarily cheap but oh so worth it.

What's the process like for going to see him? And what does he charge? I keep hearing rave reviews, so that where I think I'll go, I just want to know what to expect.

I think I paid about $100 for custom liners. He usually gives good deals on the boots and there's no extra charge for molding the liners, fitting, etc. You can make an appointment or just show up, but you might have to wait. If you're getting liners expect to spend at least several hours there.

Postby nungunz » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 am

Hey Bean, I'm intersted in trying on the Maestrales. I use a size 28 in Salomon for downhill, but haven't been able to find a large enough size Maestrale to try on.

What condition are the boots in?

Previous