Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Saw a mountain lion above Pine Creek

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Re: Saw a mountain lion above Pine Creek

Postby RoanMtnMan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:56 pm

forbins_mtn wrote:i encountered a few squirrels this morning in Cherry Creek State Park. do i get any cool points for that?

Only if you caught it with your bare hands.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Re: Saw a mountain lion above Pine Creek

Postby joebeets » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm a Kansas resident now but back in the early 80s I lived in Colorado and bowhunted frequently. On one occasion in the Mt. Evans wilderness around 10am I was preparing to leave my stand for the day when I looked up from the trail and saw the long tail then the round head of a mountain lion. My first reaction was to reach for my knife should self defense be needed but the beautiful animal was gone in mere seconds. It was quite scary as I was solo for that trip, not that a partner would have helped much. The amusing aspect of this story is that while I fumbled for a fully useless weapon instead of calmly watching the animal, the lion could have done whatever it pleased but instead departed without incident no doubt laughing at the doofus hunter. At any rate, I count this episode as one of the most memorable and cherished events in my backcountry storyline. Cheers!

Previous