Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

1 person tent

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: 1 person tent

Postby NelsonTrading » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:08 pm

I have a Big Agnus Copper Spur 2 man tent. I am 6'2 and thats even snug laying down head to foot. I initially was going for the lightest 1 person tent I could find, but after laying down in the 1 person tents I sacrificed a little weight for a little more room. I would suggest taking your time and testing out several brands. Think about vestibule space and if you have to spend any extended period of time in a tent. It really is a matter of preference. Some people are in the ultralight camp and some are in the comfort camp. Just set them up and see for yourself. I am not going to tackle a 14er in the dead of winter, so like I said, everyone is different on 3-4 season tight vs slightly more room.

John

Postby Hungry Jack » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:52 pm

If you are 6' or taller, I think the minimum length you would want to consider is 88". A lot of "lightweight" tents stop at 84".

I really like the REI Quarter Dome T3 as a replacement for my TNF Roadrunner 2. But at 84", it just was a bad choice. The BA Copper Spur 3, at 90", was much better, and actually weighs a bit less.
I need more dehydrogenase.

Postby Taillon75 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Bivy Sack!

Previous