Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Thank You; You're My Heroes!

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
Let's try to keep the topics related to mountaineering, please.

Thank You; You're My Heroes!

Postby Sharon Billings » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Just a word of thanks from a total stranger for your heroic deed in rescuing the stranded German Shepard recently. You are my heroes for life.

Re: Thank You; You're My Heroes!

Postby MtHurd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Wow, very refreshing, for once 14ers.com wasn't blamed for something. :)

Postby ChrisRoberts » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Barry Raven wrote:Wow, very refreshing, for once 14ers.com wasn't blamed for something. :)

Is that a challenge?
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: DeCaLibron

Postby djoTX2012 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:36 pm

I looked up Ortolani, and to me at least, this barely post-pubescent imbecile has no business taking a dog into harm's way. If appearances are any indication, he needs to move back in with mom and dad (if he ever moved out that is) until he grows the hell up. I own a 115# King Shepherd, and I would never be so stupid as to take her somewhere that might hurt her.

I also want to thank everyone who assisted in the rescue of this animal. It is my hope that Ortolani spends about 90 days in jail and loses the pup, and be forbidden from owning another until he can manage to demonstrate some small measure of adult maturity and decision-making capability.

Idiot....

Postby MonGoose » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:48 pm

It appears Yahoo readers are registering with 14ers.com to add in their two cents on Missy (aka Lucky). This could be the beginning of total meltdown.
Last edited by MonGoose on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby MtHurd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:51 pm

djoTX2012 wrote:I looked up Ortolani, and to me at least, this barely post-pubescent imbecile has no business taking a dog into harm's way. If appearances are any indication, he needs to move back in with mom and dad (if he ever moved out that is) until he grows the hell up. I own a 115# King Shepherd, and I would never be so stupid as to take her somewhere that might hurt her.

I also want to thank everyone who assisted in the rescue of this animal. It is my hope that Ortolani spends about 90 days in jail and loses the pup, and be forbidden from owning another until he can manage to demonstrate some small measure of adult maturity and decision-making capability.

Idiot....

Postby ChrisRoberts » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:55 pm

djoTX2012 wrote:I looked up Ortolani, and to me at least, this barely post-pubescent imbecile has no business taking a dog into harm's way. If appearances are any indication, he needs to move back in with mom and dad (if he ever moved out that is) until he grows the hell up. I own a 115# King Shepherd, and I would never be so stupid as to take her somewhere that might hurt her.

Idiot....

I suspect you wish the abandoner would follow your precedent of adult maturity, huh. Kinda ironic, really.
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: DeCaLibron

Postby rijaca » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Idiot....

Take a hike!
"Spent a little time on the mountain
Spent a little time on the hill"

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Will someone please put an end to this madness?! :wft: 14ers.com is at an all-time low.
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby djoTX2012 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Actually, I have nothing to do with AO-Hell. I run a national and world news aggregate webforum, and one of my members posted this story today. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of sites I've ever registered with to make a comment. This is one of those. My children are both grown, and my pups are my "kids" now. I can't imagine being so stupid as to place them in harm's way, just as I would never have placed my children thus.
Attachments
DSC00507A.JPG
DSC00507A.JPG (101.57 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
DSC00256A.JPG
DSC00256A.JPG (119.6 KiB) Viewed 1911 times

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:24 pm

MonGoose wrote:It appears Yahoo readers are registering with 14ers.com to add in their two cents on Missy (aka Lucky). This could be the beginning of total meltdown.

Nah. I disabled registration for now and I'm sure everything will calm down when those readers have their Friday night beer! :lol:
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby rijaca » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:28 pm

djoTX2012 wrote:Actually, I have nothing to do with AO-Hell. I run a national and world news aggregate webforum, and one of my members posted this story today. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of sites I've ever registered with to make a comment. This is one of those. My children are both grown, and my pups are my "kids" now. I can't imagine being so stupid as to place them in harm's way, just as I would never have placed my children thus.

And this site is about mountain climbing, something which you apparently know nothing about. Kids and dogs climb mountains every day without harm. This very unfortunate incident is the rare exception.
"Spent a little time on the mountain
Spent a little time on the hill"

Next