Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Scarpa Phantom 6000's

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Scarpa Phantom 6000's

Postby Winter8000m » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:29 pm

So I got these double boots about a year and a half ago. For me, they work out to be my favorite boots around right now as far as a lightweight technical boot that holds it's warmth but I've encountered a big problem.

The inner boot on my left foot has ripped from above my ankle to basically my heal.....The inner boots are a tight fit and hard to get into which makes them rip more. It really makes me upset with how much money they cost ($700) and Scarpa told me basically that I can't even pay to get a replacement liner. Since the warranty is only a year.

It's a tight fit with the inner boots, but it's perfect. I'm curious on anyone else out there that has had these boots on possible replacement liners. I don't know if Intuition liners will fit inside the boot. I also am looking to use these in Alaska or Peru so I was looking to replace the inner boot with a warmer one anyways.
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Re: Scarpa Phantom 6000's

Postby ed20320 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:25 am

I have some intuition liners for my Scarpa Inferno's and quite simply, they are awesome. they are warm, light and don't absorb sweat. when i went to McKinley, i had a difficult time keeping the scarpa liners dry. while it never caused me any issues, i absolutely had to dry them out (and my socks) every day. I took the intuition liners to Aconcagua and they solved all of the concerns i had with the scapra liners. my summit day was -10F, cloudy with 40 MPH winds and i was toasty. would you believe every other day on that expedition was perfectly sunny during the day and in the 30's at night??

if you want to get your scarpa one's repaired, talk with the lady at Stitchlines on Broadway. she can fix anything. get on her schedule now though if you want to have them available for winter.

good luck.

Ed
In the immortal words of Socrates, “I drank WHAT?”

Postby Dave B » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:21 am

ed20320 wrote:I have some intuition liners for my Scarpa Inferno's and quite simply, they are awesome. they are warm, light and don't absorb sweat. when i went to McKinley, i had a difficult time keeping the scarpa liners dry. while it never caused me any issues, i absolutely had to dry them out (and my socks) every day. I took the intuition liners to Aconcagua and they solved all of the concerns i had with the scapra liners. my summit day was -10F, cloudy with 40 MPH winds and i was toasty. would you believe every other day on that expedition was perfectly sunny during the day and in the 30's at night??

if you want to get your scarpa one's repaired, talk with the lady at Stitchlines on Broadway. she can fix anything. get on her schedule now though if you want to have them available for winter.

good luck.

Ed

I'll agree with the above, the intuitions are awesome and seem to be about 1/2-3/4 as thick as the normal scarpa inners (at least on their plastics). Nor sure how they'd work in a double leather though but it probably wouldn't hurt to talk to Neptune about it.

I'm really surprised Scarpa sucked at customer service, I've been trying to decide between the 6000's and the Spantiks and have been leaning towards the 6000's because of my wide foot. This might make me think differently.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby Taillon75 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:09 am

I use some Scarpa Inverno plastics. They were only around
$300 new. The inner boot might be interchangeable. Then you woul have
Two boots. Used them in the Himalayas this year.
Warm and dry. Very clunky on solid ground though.