DaveSwink
14ers: 37  12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Dog Found: Mt. Bierstadt!

Post by DaveSwink »

[quote="SolarAlex"]heres some pictures from the rescue[/quote]

Awesome! Beer is on me anytime I meet one of you. =D>
Last edited by DaveSwink on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndYouSeeMe
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 209 25
Trip Reports (23)

Post by AndYouSeeMe »

So why did Anthony not explain the situation about being forced to go out of town for work. You would think that would have been mentioned somewhere by him or his friends, but no, just the mentally debilitating blisters. I WANT to stay out of this but getting the whole story sure would be nice instead of just a bunch of 'Thank You's from Anthony only responding to the positive posts.......
ulvetano
14ers: 58  10  7 
13ers: 48 2 1
Trip Reports (20)

Post by ulvetano »

EPIC. those pictures are so heartwarming. =D> =D> =D> =D>
darryle
14ers: 10 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by darryle »

ulvetano wrote:EPIC. those pictures are so heartwarming. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Thank you for your generosity and kindness!
I am the marmot
14ers: 35 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (1)

Post by I am the marmot »

Those pictures are amazing!!

Congrats to the rescuers =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

Dex wrote:
scalba123 wrote:
LadyDnvr wrote:I work with Anthony and in fact,
This must be either the third or fourth first-time poster on this site. Is Anthony recruiting support?
What would that support get him.

Am I the only one feeling that Tony and friends are some sort of TROLL?I don't know how the posted photo of the dog and Tony would work/play into it.

But it seems strange that a lot of Tony's friends come here to support him.

Why? Did he tell them about it? Again, Why?

Did they search the net for it? Again Why?
Ok, the guy's a dolt and deserves all the crap he's getting for abandoning his dog.

But are you freaking serious? He created this as a trolling opportunity? You need your head examimed, and soon.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

I've had time to review this thread and revise my thoughts... I am now coming down on the side of "let's move on" and let's reunite Anthony and Missy. Anthony made mistakes, I doubt there is any legal recourse, nor is any truly needed. The wrath of this forum is enough.

I would hope that this thread gets stored away and a quick-reply link to it can be accessed to reply to anyone in the future of this forum who asks the question "Can my dog make it up/across [xyz mountain]?"
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
IkeB
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 50 1 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by IkeB »

My opinion is that the owner should not get the dog back.

I bring my dog up 14ers, but it is ultimately my choice in when and where we go. Knowing this I would die on a mountain before leaving my dog up there. It looks like the owner did very little to help get even a rescue effort together to help the pup.
peter303
14ers: 34 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Post by peter303 »

I was going to suggest to that Washington State lady to say her overdue husband had a dog with him. Then they might get many more search volunteers. But that would be too mean.
scalba123
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by scalba123 »

wildlobo71 wrote:I've had time to review this thread and revise my thoughts... I am now coming down on the side of "let's move on" and let's reunite Anthony and Missy. Anthony made mistakes, I doubt there is any legal recourse, nor is any truly needed. The wrath of this forum is enough.

I would hope that this thread gets stored away and a quick-reply link to it can be accessed to reply to anyone in the future of this forum who asks the question "Can my dog make it up/across [xyz mountain]?"
My response to that question is usually posted as "If something happened to your dog on the mountain, would you miss it?".

I think we know how Anthony would answer that...
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

Dex wrote:
DeucesWild wrote:
But are you freaking serious? He created this as a trolling opportunity? You need your head examimed, and soon.
Cut back on the Oxy & meth.

Tony showed up after the dog was found; not before.
Idiot. I suppose the pictures he has of the same dog are all photoshopped? You're the one in need of medication.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Hungry Jack »

Those pics are awesome. Great work guys!

Unfortunately they probably only inflame some of the passions on display here. I think all of us at some point in our lives have screwed up royally and regretted the decision and learned from it.

Anthony has clearly demonstrated that he has much to learn about hiking 14er country, with or without animals. And he is probably not nearly as resourceful as some of us here.

But I would not mistake this ignorance, stemming from lack of experience, for malice. The public flogging is getting old. It serves no purpose. If you are that anxious to judge someone, be sure to vote in November.
please rotate your device