Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Accident on Guanella Pass

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

Accident on Guanella Pass

Postby runner800m » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:37 pm

There was an overturned car about two miles up Guanella Pass this morning at approximately 3:15 a.m. It looked horrific from what I could see through the law enforcement, tow truck, etc. I hope everyone is OK. Did anyone hear anything about this?
"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more. Nobody is going to win a 5,000 meter race after running an easy 2 miles. Not with me. If I lose forcing the pace all the way, well, at least I can live with myself." -- Pre

Re: Accident on Guanella Pass

Postby Dex » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Was it a SUV or pick up truck.

In GA today I saw 2 overturned vehicles on regular streets.

I think they take turns too fast with large under inflated tires and old shocks.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz