Pigeon/Turret

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
sue personett
14ers: 58 
13ers: 86
Trip Reports (1)

Pigeon/Turret

Post by sue personett »

Hi all! I'm still looking for hiking partners for Pigeon/Turret Peaks but this time from Needleton via the Ruby Creek Approach. I was up there last weekend but did not get the peaks due to many problems. It was not a fun hike but I'd like to go back in and try again before the snow flies. Please let me know if you are interested and we will work out the details.
Namaste
Sue
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (20)

Re: Pigeon/Turret

Post by Kiefer »

Sue. The weekend of the 25th I could be talked into doing this. Friday-Saturday perhaps?
Kiefer
Trip Reports (20)

Post by Kiefer »

I meant Fri-Sun.
sue personett
Trip Reports (1)

Post by sue personett »

Dear Kiefer,
I have a small problem with those dates. Aug 24-25 is very close to a possible Wham Ridge hike that I could be doing on Aug 28th. So far that date has not been set in stone sooo I have to nail down that person before I can say yes or no. But can you move the hike up to Aug 17-18 or 18-19? That would really work for me. Or, if it's not too late, can we do it Sept 7-8? I'll try to get conformation on the Wham Ridge hike in the next couple of days. Thanks for your interest. Have you hiked Jagged yet?
Namaste
Sue
Kiefer
Trip Reports (20)

Post by Kiefer »

Yah. Jagged was a hoot! Fun peak. The views are top-notch! Getting to Jagged Pass is a nightmare. :evil:
I didn't think the cruxes were all that bad. We brought rope/gear but didn't use it. The rap off the summit would be exciting!!!

The 17th, I'll be on Longs.
18th-19th, I'm doing some recon on Gunsight Notch (NW Ridge) for a winter attempt on the Bells.
1st of September I'll be back on Capitol-Snowmass doing the traverse.
8th of September might work.
sue personett
Trip Reports (1)

Post by sue personett »

Dear Kiefer,
Looks like Aug 24-26 will work and Sept 7-9 will work also. Let me know what you decide.
Namaste
Sue