Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Shirtless climbers?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: Shirtless climbers?

Postby RoanMtnMan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 am

Fletch wrote:Sun's out. Guns out.

All that needed to be said on the subject.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Postby kara » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:17 pm

altidude wrote:Even I cant keep from staring at my delicious moobs.

Reminds me of the meme: Wore new pushup bra, got distracted by my own cleavage.

That obviously doesn't apply to me, ever, sadly...
Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence. --Hermann Buhl

Postby ChrisRoberts » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:26 pm

blazebo wrote:
Barry Raven wrote:
ChrisRoberts wrote:Everytime I see a guy climbing or a video of a guy climbing with his shirt off, his moves are always accompanied by a "ARRRRRRRRRAHG" as if somehow sounding like a barbarian makes him a better climber. If I were to see a topless female climber doing this I'd stay the hell away, thats some scary stuff.

So you watch a lot of videos of guys climbing with their shirts off but would run if you saw a woman doing the same thing? :-k

BUSTED... LMAO
\:D/

IT WAS ONE VIDEO :lol:

Sorry, I was watching womens shotput the other day and for some reason envisioned them being good climbers. If you saw it, you'd understand.
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: Fairchild Mountain

Postby MtHurd » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:33 pm

kara wrote:That obviously doesn't apply to me, ever, sadly...

Not sad at all. No need for a bra, no need for a shirt. Other than Chris, I don't think anyone here would have a problem with that. :wink:

Postby Lemmiwinks » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:25 pm

sanjuanmtneer wrote:Mark and I got so fed up we finally had to organize this group.
Certain criteria have to be met before we issue a ticket however.

Where can I find a sticker for my climbing helmet?
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer

Postby atalarico » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:10 pm

So much win in this thread.

First, that photo of the "climber" is clearly an about to get naked photo shoot. You can find many of these examples abound on the interwebz. Just turn off the Safe Search feature on your Google image search and type in something witty.

Second, as a climber I have definitely gone without a shirt when it's hot out. I'm not so much ripped as much as emaciated looking. As a result, I guess it looks like I have muscles. I do it because I hate being warm, and since I'm generally in poor aerobic shape, I'm warm a lot. However, you should know that a lot of us non-jock type climbers are tongue-in-cheek about the suns out guns out rule, and shirtless climbing is often associated with plenty of self-deprecating humor about our bodies.

Also, the non-climbers who complain about "grunting" of climbers should know that climbers find it just as annoying and laughable to hear you complain/whine about "CLASS 3/4 ZOMG WERE GONNNA DIEEEEEE!!!! IS CLASS 3 AND 4 HARD?!?!?!! WHAT DO I DO WITH MY HANDS!!!!!! OMG THERES NOWHERE FOR MY FEET!!!!!"

Thank you, thank you. =p

Postby altidude » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:34 pm

So with the 14ers Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer/Gurlz/Boiz gatherings why not have a 14ers Topless Gathering? A mini contest during the gathering could be for best/worst tan line.

Obviously, limiting the number of Y-chromosome attendees would only be beneficial to the aesthetics of the event...
The mountain always wins, we do not always lose.

Carpe mañana

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:31 pm

altidude wrote:So with the 14ers Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer/Gurlz/Boiz gatherings why not have a 14ers Topless Gathering? A mini contest during the gathering could be for best/worst tan line.

Obviously, limiting the number of Y-chromosome attendees would only be beneficial to the aesthetics of the event...

Also - some chest hair flair may need to be included
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

Postby wildlobo71 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:33 pm

altidude wrote:So with the 14ers Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer/Gurlz/Boiz gatherings why not have a 14ers Topless Gathering? A mini contest during the gathering could be for best/worst tan line.

So many ties for last place...
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby Winter8000m » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:52 pm

I cheese graded my nipple on a 15 foot fall (on limestone) and it did not feel too good. Kind of ripped it open a little bit.....I am still without a doubt a shirtless climber. Even on ice sometimes. I just hate wearing a shirt when it's really hot.....Matter of preference....Most rock climbers go without in the summer...Usually just the guys though #-o
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Previous