Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Shirtless climbers?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: Shirtless climbers?

Postby Jtjohnso24 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 am

That photo is amazing on so many levels. My pink beanie always matches one of my three ropes. Rain or shine. And those gloves! I also think you guys are right that he took a page out of the Walter White collection. That being said, it's never a bad idea to pop that shirt off. Or pop your collar up. You never know who is going to be on the trail.

"It's not about fashion, it's about style." - Karl Welzein

Postby wildlobo71 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:27 am

djkest wrote:
ketel1 wrote:Am I the only one noticing he is also in tighty whiteys? I find that more problematic...I think? :wink: I, too, love "SUN"S OUT, GUNS OUT'...that made me grin!

I think they are either "euro shorts" or some cut-off white jean shorts. But they could be tighty whiteys.

I think he purchased the line of underwear seen here in this demonstration video of the best backpack ever!!1!!11!!1``

Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 am

wildlobo71 wrote:
djkest wrote:
ketel1 wrote:Am I the only one noticing he is also in tighty whiteys? I find that more problematic...I think? :wink: I, too, love "SUN"S OUT, GUNS OUT'...that made me grin!

I think they are either "euro shorts" or some cut-off white jean shorts. But they could be tighty whiteys.

I think he purchased the line of underwear seen here in this demonstration video of the best backpack ever!!1!!11!!1``

LMAO!!!! Depending on the day, I Man's pack sometimes resembles one of these. :lol:
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby marie123 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:52 am

HA! I absolutely LOVE this forum topic! I'm not on here all that often, but I noticed the same thing with all the sans shirt photos and immediately started laughing.....

FINALLY, we found the cheesy male equivalent to all female debauchery!!

Postby altidude » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:54 am

Flaunt it if you got it, I say.

You think my insano pecks are a distraction to other climbers? Deal with it. Even I cant keep from staring at my delicious moobs.
The mountain always wins, we do not always lose.

Carpe mañana

Postby sanjuanmtneer » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:11 am

Mark and I got so fed up we finally had to organize this group.
C.jpg
C.jpg (149.27 KiB) Viewed 294 times

Certain criteria have to be met before we issue a ticket however.

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:25 am

altidude wrote:Flaunt it if you got it, I say.

You think my insano pecks are a distraction to other climbers? Deal with it. Even I cant keep from staring at my delicious moobs.

Pecks? I prefer to think of mine as a nice solid A - cup.

Also, Flaunt it if you got it - couldn't agree more, I love sporting my less then attractive chest and upper arm hair, as well as, my not so steller abs - essentially its just my reserve beer storage tank.
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

Postby MtHurd » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:37 am

Can females go topless in Colorado like they can in San Francisco?

Postby blazebo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:42 am

Barry Raven wrote:Can females go topless in Colorado like they can in San Francisco?

shirtless nothing. in SF anyone can go full monty...Legally.
"Come on, you sons of bitches-do you want to live forever?"
-Gunnery Sergeant Dan Daly, USMC, 1918.

Postby ChrisRoberts » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:42 am

Everytime I see a guy climbing or a video of a guy climbing with his shirt off, his moves are always accompanied by a "ARRRRRRRRRAHG" as if somehow sounding like a barbarian makes him a better climber. If I were to see a topless female climber doing this I'd stay the hell away, thats some scary stuff.
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: Ramsay, Sugarloaf and Skull

Postby MtHurd » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 am

ChrisRoberts wrote:Everytime I see a guy climbing or a video of a guy climbing with his shirt off, his moves are always accompanied by a "ARRRRRRRRRAHG" as if somehow sounding like a barbarian makes him a better climber. If I were to see a topless female climber doing this I'd stay the hell away, thats some scary stuff.

So you watch a lot of videos of guys climbing with their shirts off but would run if you saw a woman doing the same thing? :-k

Postby blazebo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:49 am

Barry Raven wrote:
ChrisRoberts wrote:Everytime I see a guy climbing or a video of a guy climbing with his shirt off, his moves are always accompanied by a "ARRRRRRRRRAHG" as if somehow sounding like a barbarian makes him a better climber. If I were to see a topless female climber doing this I'd stay the hell away, thats some scary stuff.

So you watch a lot of videos of guys climbing with their shirts off but would run if you saw a woman doing the same thing? :-k

BUSTED... LMAO
\:D/
"Come on, you sons of bitches-do you want to live forever?"
-Gunnery Sergeant Dan Daly, USMC, 1918.

PreviousNext