Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby DeucesWild » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Bthom!

Is that the best you can do?

Try this:

Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby Brian Thomas » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:22 pm

DeucesWild wrote:Is that the best you can do?

The pink pants, open shirt with gold medallions, floral print vest, and dry ice smoke on stage are rather stellar I must admit. Sometimes I wish I actually had a life, but the life inside my headphones between 1965-1975 is so much better. I'll see your Uriah Heep and raise you one Todd Rundgren...
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby DeucesWild » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Brian Thomas wrote:I'll see your Uriah Heep and raise you one Todd Rundgren

Ok, a theme then. Try this one on. Old guys doin old tunes but doing them pretty well.

Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby SilverLynx » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:38 am

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby I Man » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:46 am

OneArmSteve wrote:

I got a blank space where my mind should be, got a Cliff bar, and some cold green Tea. 8)
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby wildlobo71 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:49 am

No problem at all with this thread - not as fluid as Pandora, Spotify, or anything else I'm using but still interesting... But a question - is there a particular theme, was it to identify people's particular flavor of tunes, or just "what I'm listening to now"? I just want to know how to judge you by your posts.

Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby tommyboy360 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:18 pm

wildlobo71 wrote:But a question - is there a particular theme, was it to identify people's particular flavor of tunes, or just "what I'm listening to now"? I just want to know how to judge you by your posts.

Theme = Check it out. The first joint is cover of a classic tune and it's so good that a youtube visual is not even needed for this song. The 2nd song has a video as boss as the song.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby metalmountain » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:34 am

There has been a severe lack in metal recently! So here you go. I love bands that can pull off what they do in the studio in a live setting, which is sadly a diminishing quality among bands. Also, you can witness this lead singers epic dread-based windmilling.

"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby SilverLynx » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:06 pm

One of my favorites. :D

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby Crusty » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:16 pm

OneArmSteve wrote:Mine too.... Miley is a hotty!

I don't know about their singing ability, but Nickelodeon is the home of future hotties.

In my day, Mickey Mouse club was the place to be.

Postby SilverLynx » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:32 pm

~Nelson Mandela

~Steve Jobs

Postby kushrocks » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Ok, enough of that crap how about some real music with actual talent you know back when people actually wrote their own songs and sang and played their own instruments live.

" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

PreviousNext