Ice Lake Basin--Weather this weekend

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
steelfrog
Trip Reports (0)

Ice Lake Basin--Weather this weekend

Post by steelfrog »

Ayone have any insight into what we can expect in Ice Lakes Basin this weekend? Afternoon showers/thunder, but good in the morning?

Thanks!
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Re: Ice Lake Basin--Weather this weekend

Post by lordhelmut »

For comparison's sake, the forecast looks like 50-70% t-storms likely all week in that area. Last weekend, it was basically the exact same and the t-storms, primarily around the Gores and Summit County, were definitely rolling in, but a little ways after 12pm, as predicted. I'd say definitely be off any mountains by 12 to be safe this time of the year. T-storms rolled in, like clockwork, around 2 to 3pm and in full force from then on till evening.
steelfrog
Trip Reports (0)

Post by steelfrog »

Thanks--where do you look for the forecast? I looked on weather.com and it says only 30% chance Fri-Sun coming up? Thanks.
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

steelfrog wrote:Thanks--where do you look for the forecast? I looked on weather.com and it says only 30% chance Fri-Sun coming up? Thanks.
NOAA.