Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Suggestions?

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Suggestions?

Postby KentonB » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:24 pm

While I acknowledge 14ers.com is just about the most perfect site imaginable (Thanks Bill!), I occasionally come across small things I'd like to suggest to enhance it. What is the best way to make such suggestions... here in the forums? PM to Bill? Or should I just be thankful I have this amazing free resource, quit whining, and just go pound sand?

To give a taste of some of my suggestions mulling in my head:

- In our Peak Checklist, it would be handy to filter not just by "Ranked", "Unranked", and "Ranked+Unranked" but to have a 4th category called "Named" for USGS Named peaks (and maybe a "Named+Ranked" to properly filter the 13ers). That way we could see the original 58 peaks uncluttered by things like "West Evans".

- In the upper-right of the 14ers.com home page, I can click on my name to take me to my e-mail, where I can also click on a tab to see my profile editor. I don't know of an easy way to quickly see my actual profile though! I often want to check my page to quickly reference a trip report or picture I posted, or just see if I've updated something. The way it is now, I end up going into the forums, searching for my name in a thread, opening the thread, then selecting my profile.

Kent

Re: Suggestions?

Postby wildlobo71 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Bill has a thread that runs perpetually - How can I improve 14ers.com (Part 2)

Post them here - or see if they've already been addressed in some form.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Re: Suggestions?

Postby KentonB » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Thanks... Not sure how I missed a thread like that!