Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

My wife is awesome!

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
User avatar
Posts: 2135
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:50 am
Location: SoSlo (South of Sloans Lake)

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby wildlobo71 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:40 pm

unclegar wrote:.
Very cool. Sounds like a keeper.


tmathews wrote:You totally should have posted this as a TR. :wink: :lol:


I don't know, it was a short enough post that it probably would be changed into a conditions report anyway.


True, lest you get admonished by Darin Baker and Helmut (and I agree with their assessments.)
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

User avatar
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:40 am
Location: 16.85mi S. of Colorado

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby altidude » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:42 pm

That's pretty freakin' awesome! She's a keeper!

Does she have a sister? :wink:
The mountain always wins, we do not always lose.

Carpe mañana

User avatar
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: DU Area

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby Aug_Dog » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:44 pm

my girlfriend took a nap on my birthday ...
Go get it

Posts: 3862
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby tmathews » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Aug_Dog wrote:my girlfriend took a nap on my birthday ...


Silence can also be an awesome gift. *ducks*

User avatar
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: DU Area

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby Aug_Dog » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:50 pm

tmathews wrote:
Aug_Dog wrote:my girlfriend took a nap on my birthday ...


Silence can also be an awesome gift. *ducks*


she snores
Go get it

User avatar
Posts: 839
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:12 am

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby Hungry Jack » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Great story. Great wife.

My mrs surprised me for my 40th by arranging a week of fun in Hood River, OR in July, including my BFF and family. We hiked St. Helens and part of the PCL, skied Mt. Hood, toured wine country, and generally goofed off. It was awesome.
I need more dehydrogenase.

Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:56 am

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby I fall a lot » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Cool! Now you're going to have to cook heart-shaped pancakes for her.

Posts: 31
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Ohio

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby mannosteel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:10 pm

How awesome. You have a special lady.

User avatar
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:30 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby aliciaf » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Awesome! My fiance and I hiked Mt. Yale yesterday too. We were up top with the Yale students for a short time. Were you the couple with the adorable dog??

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby its_not_a_tuba » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:32 pm

aliciaf wrote:Awesome! My fiance and I hiked Mt. Yale yesterday too. We were up top with the Yale students for a short time. Were you the couple with the adorable dog??


That was us. Were you the two that were leaving the summit just as we got up there? I think we ran into you on the way down as well.

Thanks for all the great comments everyone, this has been fun to read and my wife is enjoying it as well.

Oh, and yes, she does have a sister. :wink:
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson

User avatar
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:30 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby aliciaf » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:41 pm

its_not_a_tuba wrote:
aliciaf wrote:Awesome! My fiance and I hiked Mt. Yale yesterday too. We were up top with the Yale students for a short time. Were you the couple with the adorable dog??


That was us. Were you the two that were leaving the summit just as we got up there? I think we ran into you on the way down as well.

Thanks for all the great comments everyone, this has been fun to read and my wife is enjoying it as well.

Oh, and yes, she does have a sister. :wink:


Yep! We were just leaving the summit and ran into you on the way down. What a great birthday!!

User avatar
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Roxborough, CO

Re: My wife is awesome!

Postby jmc5040 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:13 pm

aliciaf wrote:
its_not_a_tuba wrote:
aliciaf wrote:Awesome! My fiance and I hiked Mt. Yale yesterday too. We were up top with the Yale students for a short time. Were you the couple with the adorable dog??


That was us. Were you the two that were leaving the summit just as we got up there? I think we ran into you on the way down as well.

Thanks for all the great comments everyone, this has been fun to read and my wife is enjoying it as well.

Oh, and yes, she does have a sister. :wink:


Yep! We were just leaving the summit and ran into you on the way down. What a great birthday!!

Since I didn't know to tell you yesterday... happy birthday! It was a great day to be out, sounds like you enjoyed it.
"My senses become heightened and the stresses of life fade with each step I take further from civilization. When I'm in the wilderness my brain and body work seamlessly together to do their finest work - a single flowing track down one of natures high peaks." - Jeremy Jones

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests