Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14er Dance Off Challenge!!!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: 14er Dance Off Challenge!!!

Postby mountainmicah83 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:29 am

Sounds like it may be time for a 14er flash mob!
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge

Visit my blog at: http://mountainmicah.blogspot.com

Postby HarknessHooligans » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:29 am

Its national dance day Saturday! Lets see some more videos!!!

Postby Kiefer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 am

Someone say...dancing?!

Postby Randy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:53 am

MonGoose wrote:Due to travel concerns, the Dance Off is hereby being extended to Olympic athletes participating in their respective sport during the summer Olympics.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/michelle-jenneke-australian-hurdler-dancing-sensation-042218109--oly.html

Holy dancing track star Batman that is way HOT.

Postby Mtn Geek » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:15 pm

This is my wife dancing on Mt. Sherman

Postby bpko » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:34 am

Mtn Geek wrote:This is my wife dancing on Mt. Sherman

This reminds me of the monks/friars (forgive my ignorance) I saw on Quandary a couple years ago. She's got moves!
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "Sir," without adding, "you're making a scene."

Postby HarknessHooligans » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Ok, totally cheesy.... but for what its worth we had a great time! Video taken after completing Class 4 route on Lindsey....Our first class 4. Totally worth celebrating with a dance.

Postby MonGoose » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:12 am

semitrueskerm - I laughed for 4 straight minutes! You get points for a difficult peak, the innovative use of a prop in a dance routine, and an endless stream of creative dance moves. :lol:

Mtn Geek - You're wife's belly dancing is fantastic!!! I surely can't compete with that. She gets major props for costume and artistic expression, as well as a sense of determination in unfavorable weather conditions. Thank you for bringing beautiful Mediterranean culture to Colorado's highest peaks. =D>

HarknessHooligans - You guys are having fun. You get points for a difficult Class IV route and currently, you hold the lead for the largest number of attractive women (2) in a summit dance video. :o

Postby kushrocks » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:25 am

HarknessHooligans wrote:

Ok, totally cheesy.... but for what its worth we had a great time! Video taken after completing Class 4 route on Lindsey....Our first class 4. Totally worth celebrating with a dance.

Wow whoever filmed that did an awesome job!!!
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby Taillon75 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:58 am

Really.

Postby marie123 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:05 pm

kushrocks wrote:
HarknessHooligans wrote:

Wow whoever filmed that did an awesome job!!!

HA! Good one! Whoever filmed that was too chicken to step up and shake a leg! (or maybe you were just the smart one to avoid looking like a dork! Oh well, it was fun anyway, even if we are left with the embarrassing evidence of our summit fun)

Postby MonGoose » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:51 pm

The summer is winding down quickly and so far we have seen some great dance videos (one was even featured on So You Think You Can Dance?). A few people have told me they have videos in the works, so I am going to extend the competition through the end of September. In early October, all contestants videos will be submitted to the 14er community for a vote through the forum. The winner will be dubbed 14er Dance Off Champion!

I'm thinking some sort of prize may be in order for the winner(s) but I'm not sure what they should receive. Perhaps some sort of paraphernalia like a shirt or a hat that says "Dance Off Champion"? I'm anxious to hear your ideas.

In summary, you've got two weekends remaining.
Bag a peak, film a dance and win a prize!

PreviousNext