Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Missing Climber on Maroon Bells

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.

Re: Missing Climber on Maroon Bells

Postby IHikeLikeAGirl » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 am

So sorry to read this outcome.

To Lenny's family and friends, I can only pass on my sincerest condolences....

- Valerie
"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit."
- Mitch Hedberg

Postby sarag17 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:50 am

For anyone on this thread that is also on FB, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT say anything. His parents and grandparents do not yet know and this would be the worst way they could find out.

Postby Doctor No » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 am

:(

Postby MountainHiker » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:55 am

My condolences to his family and friends.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Postby summitstep » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:58 am

I lift my eyes to the hills- from whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord.

Prayers to all.
"In this high country that we love, trails are steep. We climb each mile, breath by breath, and at the threshold of pain, bliss overtakes us."

"It's called CRAZY. And somehow, when you are bent over your poles, staring at your boots- heart heaving and trying not to cough your lung onto a rock= you look up...and you are looking down over all those beautiful mountains....and you wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"For all the richness of normal, everyday life, it is good sometimes to trespass high in the sky, and live with uncommon intensity, experiencing something that gets close to the sublime."

Postby letourneau41 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 am

My thoughts and prayers are with the family. Sorry for your loss.
Every man Dies, but not every man truly lives.

Postby Mike Cormier » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:02 pm

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Postby Billy the Kid » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:04 pm

How terrible!...I am so sorry to hear of this news. I wish the best for his family and loved ones...

RIP
"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So, be on your way."- Dr. Seuss
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious."- Michael Scott

Postby Mel McKinney » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:05 pm

To the friends and family, please accept my condolences. I am sorry for your loss.
Mountains cast spells on me - Why, because of the way Earth-heaps lie, should I be Chocked by joy mysteriously; stilled or drunken-gay? Why should a brown hill trail Tug at my feet to go? Why should a boggy swale Tune my heart to a nameless tale Mountain marshes know?
--- Belle Turnbull ("Mountain-Mad")

"Nothing is so embarrassing as watching someone do something that you said couldn't be done."
---Sam Ewing

Postby 14erFred » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:19 pm

May Lenny rest in peace. Strength and comfort to his family and friends during this time of loss.

Postby CO Native » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Let us give thanks to God for the many blessings we have received. Let us give thanks for the splendor of the mountains we love. However, let us also remember the price many pay on these mountains.

To our mountaineering comrade. He lived, he felt, he was as vibrant, as energetic, as mortal as you and I. He was brave and adventurous. He, like many of us, came to Colorado to be closer to the heavens than most ever dare. Some may argue about the futility of climbing mountains, but we should never forget those that have died pursuing their passion to conquer the unconquerable.

Many a man has heeded the siren call of the mountains through the years, many a man has heard that call for the last time in these solemn heights. Let us not forget our fallen friend. Though few of us knew him, our connection to him in this passion for the mountains unites us. In this we understand him, are connected to him, we know him, and feel loss for his passing.

May God’s peace sooth the aching hearts of them many that knew you and loved you, and may they be reminded that though this separation is painful it is only temporary.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com

More info on North Maroon death

Postby tmathews » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Sorry to start a new topic on this subject, but the other thread hasn't been unlocked yet. I just saw this article which has a lot more information than I've seen before now.

RIP, Lenny. My sincerest condolences to family and friends....

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/fdny-paramedic-dies-fall-14-000-foot-summit-colorado-article-1.1121319

PreviousNext