Quality alpine scrambles in the Front Range - A list

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Quality alpine scrambles in the Front Range - A list

Post by ChrisRoberts »

I believe Powell-Thatchtop ridge is solid scrambling, up to class 4 perhaps.
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dpage »

Going up LIttle Matterhorn in the morning, so I'll let you know how it is. And next weekend I think I'm going up Donner Ridge on Ypsilon but don't know much about the route other than Foster's guide book says it's class 3. Anyone have any input on if that ridge is worth this list?
TCUTED
Trip Reports (4)

Post by TCUTED »

Are you going with the CMC? If so, I shall see you tomorrow morning!
HikerGuy
14ers: 58 
13ers: 426 8
Trip Reports (9)

Post by HikerGuy »

ajkagy wrote:
fahixson wrote: Mt Audobon to Paiute - East Ridge, Class 3
i thought this one was class 2 at most. people expecting a lot of Class 3 will probably be disappointed.
Except for the single move down climbing into the notch, I would agree. Still a very fun hike and one I would recommend (with traverse over and down Paiute) for someone looking for something a little spicier in the front range, but not too intimidating.