Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Missing hiker on Mt Bierstadt/ Mt Evans

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.

Re: Missing hiker on Mt Bierstadt/ Mt Evans

Postby susanjoypaul » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:25 pm

CBS Denver is reporting the same... so sad and not at all what any of us wanted to hear.

Postby Alpine Rescue Team » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:27 pm

On behalf of the Clear Creek County Sheriff's Office, the Alpine Rescue Team and the other mountain rescuers from Boulder, Summit, Douglas and Arapahoe counties, we are sad to pass on the news that our missing hiker was located this afternoon at the bottom of the Sawtooth Ridge on the west side and had taken a fatal fall. We also need to thank Flight for Life and the National Guard for their assistance in the air search that began last night and continued today.

At this time there are no other details except that the recovery has been completed and additional information may be released by the Sheriff's Office at a later time.

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:50 pm

This is awful. I'm so sad to hear about yet another death on the Sawtooth... The Sawtooth is a fun and exciting climb but I could totally see how bad weather could make this into a dangerous nightmare. :cry: My heart goes out to this man's wife.
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby rking007 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Damn it... just damn it. So sorry.
- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

Postby EatinHardtack » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Very sad. RIP to the climber. I feel for his family and friends.

Postby djkest » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:26 pm

I was very saddened to hear this. May the Lord grant peace and comfort to his family and friends in this difficult time.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

Postby Hungry Jack » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Awful news. Prayers for his family.

Postby 14erFred » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:45 pm

May Clint rest in peace, and may his family and friends find strength and comfort during this difficult time.

Postby forbins_mtn » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm

ugh. painful news. RIP Clint.

Postby its_not_a_tuba » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:51 pm

very sad news. I hope this thread is able to stay dignified and everyone can avoid the unnecessary speculation.
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson

Postby Doctor No » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Sad news. RIP, Clint. :(

Postby summitstep » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:55 pm

prayers and condolences to clint's family and wife. may God give them comfort and may Clint climb high forever!
"In this high country that we love, trails are steep. We climb each mile, breath by breath, and at the threshold of pain, bliss overtakes us."

"It's called CRAZY. And somehow, when you are bent over your poles, staring at your boots- heart heaving and trying not to cough your lung onto a rock= you look up...and you are looking down over all those beautiful mountains....and you wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"For all the richness of normal, everyday life, it is good sometimes to trespass high in the sky, and live with uncommon intensity, experiencing something that gets close to the sublime."

PreviousNext