Missing hiker on Mt Bierstadt/ Mt Evans

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Alpine Rescue Team
Trip Reports (0)

Missing hiker on Mt Bierstadt/ Mt Evans

Post by Alpine Rescue Team »

The Alpine Rescue Team is currently searching the Mt Bierstadt/Mt Evans area for a missing 32 YOM hiker that was climbing the peaks on Tueday, July 17th. The missing party is Clint, is 6'2" and is wearing a green jacket. It is believed that this is his second fourteener that he has climbed and that he called his wife from the summit of Mt Bierstadt around noon. He was hiking solo and there is a possibility that he may of attempted to cross the sawtooth and summit Mt Evans.

If any climbers may of seen this person on Tuesday, they are pleased asked to contact the Clear Creek County Sheriff's office at 303.569-3232. There will be a large scale search operation going on these two peaks on Wednesday.

Thank you for you assistance!
rking007
14ers: 13  1 
13ers: 19 2
Trip Reports (7)

Re: Missing hiker on Mt Bierstadt/ Mt Evans

Post by rking007 »

Good luck to you guys, praying for a good outcome here... [-o<
- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.
djkest
14ers: 58 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (44)

Post by djkest »

Good luck finding him, Clint, I pray that you are safe! Hoping for a speedy resolve to this situation.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog
forbins_mtn
14ers: 28  2 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (5)

Post by forbins_mtn »

I send all the good energy I can muster today for a speedy recovery and a good outcome. Thank you, Alpine Rescue for all you do. Praying for you, Clint!
Eaglelift
14ers: 51 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Eaglelift »

I pray for a good outcome to this situation. Good luck Clint and thank you to the SAR teams
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

Praying for a positive outcome for Clint and for the safety of the SAR team.
CO Native
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (50)

Post by CO Native »

Thank you for your efforts Alpine Rescue. Stay safe.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

Bumping this to the top so it receives more attention. Hope this man is found unharmed. [-o<
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

Maybe he bailed down Abyss Lake drainage in the rain. Here's hoping for a good outcome.
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
I fall a lot
Trip Reports (0)

Post by I fall a lot »

Aug_Dog wrote:god i hope this ends well ... that poor wife
Indeed.

Here's to hoping.
sad2
14ers: 46 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by sad2 »

From Facebook 14ers page

Sarah Hiam
My friend and I hiked Bierstadt today and watched the SAR operation for the missing hiker. All of us on the trail were looking for him. Unfortunately, it sounds like they found his body shortly after we finished our hike (this is unofficial though and is what the guy at the place where we ate in Georgetown said. His friend was part of the team searching for him.) Apparently he fell from the Sawtooth. :( I was quite impressed with the professionalism and dedication of the SAR folks we met today. My friend and I made sure to stop every one we saw to thank them for their hard work. They're awesome at what they do. :)