Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14er Dance Off Challenge!!!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: 14er Dance Off Challenge!!!

Postby Craig Cook » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:26 pm

SilverLynx wrote:Time for the Lady Gaga costume to make an appearance. 8)

Oh Lord, please tell me you're not going to hike in a meat dress. :wft:

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Postby wildlobo71 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:02 pm

kimism72 wrote:Argghhh...how do you embed a video?

If it's Youtube, get just the coding from the end, and using the "YouTubeVideo" button above this text field (in edit mode) click the button, and paste the coding...

if this is the whole path: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACpNVD5GMUw

this is the coding: ACpNVD5GMUw
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby Lemmiwinks » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:33 pm

Question about how to score this challenge: Does the difficulty of the 14er factor into the score of the dance? In other words, does the same dance get a higher score on Little Bear than it does on Grays?
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer

Postby d_baker » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Highest score would go to a Sunlight dance on the true top. ;)
I'm not advocating for someone to get too jiggy with it up there, but you know.....

Postby SilverLynx » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Craig Cook wrote:
SilverLynx wrote:Time for the Lady Gaga costume to make an appearance. 8)

Oh Lord, please tell me you're not going to hike in a meat dress. :wft:

Perfect!
Attachments
MeatDress.jpg
MeatDress.jpg (210.94 KiB) Viewed 403 times
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby semitrueskerm » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Bonus points if you bring your own trusses and colored lighting? Dare I say...disco ball?

Postby MonGoose » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Due to travel concerns, the Dance Off is hereby being extended to Olympic athletes participating in their respective sport during the summer Olympics.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/michelle-jenneke-australian-hurdler-dancing-sensation-042218109--oly.html

Postby Mel McKinney » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 pm

mtgirl wrote:Somehow, I see a stripper pole being constructed on a 14er in the near future..... #-o

Isn't there a wooden one on Elbert's summit? Sounds painful!
Mountains cast spells on me - Why, because of the way Earth-heaps lie, should I be Chocked by joy mysteriously; stilled or drunken-gay? Why should a brown hill trail Tug at my feet to go? Why should a boggy swale Tune my heart to a nameless tale Mountain marshes know?
--- Belle Turnbull ("Mountain-Mad")

"Nothing is so embarrassing as watching someone do something that you said couldn't be done."
---Sam Ewing

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Mount Harvard had a wooden sceptre on it when I summited in September. Is it still there?

Aaaahhh, splinters!

For the people who dance on summits, do you bring music with you??? Or do you just dance randomly on video and edit the music into it later?
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby MonGoose » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:02 pm

SilverLynx wrote:For the people who dance on summits, do you bring music with you??? Or do you just dance randomly on video and edit the music into it later?

One of my climbing partners started playing the song on his phone when we reached the summit and it was loud enough to be heard on the camera. I hadn't planned to dance, it just worked out that way.

Postby semitrueskerm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Inspired by MonGoose....

Pretty bad...even by Napoleon Dynamite standards....

Postby mtgirl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Would have been more entertaining if you stripped..... \:D/
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

PreviousNext