Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: Favorite Beer?

Postby dpbasing » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:46 am

\:D/ 1: Chalk beer
2: Fat Tire
3: Sam Adams lager
\:D/

Postby kirkreid » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:29 am

Hercules double IPA by great divide excellent beer
To boldly go...

Postby wildlobo71 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:36 am

I've never posted here because I never wanted to get called out for drinking crap, my ego can't take such dings...

1. Anything Deschutes, prefer NWPA, then Mirror Pond, then Black Butte Porter, then whatever else fits in the cart.
2. Just tried the new Deschutes - Hair of the Dog combined effort called "Collage" - a limited edition quadruple Saison... Wow.
3. Won't turn down anything from Colorado, I'm a homer.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby Robzilla » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:18 am

Been enjoying the offerings of Unibroue lately. Current favorites are Don de Dieu, Tres Pistoles, Le Fin du Monde and Maudite. They're all good after a run or hike, and Maudite is a post paddling favorite simply because it's named after a flying canoe. Oh, and the right glass is important. I dated someone who tried to drink a fine Trappist ale out of the bottle once and it was just never the same between us afterward. Good beer is wine from grains.

Postby oldschoolczar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:23 am

Robzilla wrote:Been enjoying the offerings of Unibroue lately. Current favorites are Don de Dieu, Tres Pistoles, Le Fin du Monde and Maudite. They're all good after a run or hike, and Maudite is a post paddling favorite simply because it's named after a flying canoe. Oh, and the right glass is important. I dated someone who tried to drink a fine Trappist ale out of the bottle once and it was just never the same between us afterward. Good beer is wine from grains.

Nice taste! Ephemere is a good one also if you like sweeter beers.. has a kind of apple taste.

I discovered the benefits of La Fin Du Monde when my girlfriend's mom was staying at our house a few years ago. She frowns upon drinking excessively, so 2-3 La Fin Du Mondes at 9% alcohol went a long way and let me maintain my appearances! :wink:
"Tonight I'll shave the mountain
I'll cut the hearts from pharoahs"
-Tom Waits

Postby Robzilla » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:31 pm

Ahhhh... nine percent beers. Bless them. And the Unibroue are smooth as can be. I tried a Samechlause once and just couldn't get past the alcohol taste. I have not had the Ephemere, I'll have to give it a shot.

Postby rockchalker » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:35 pm

I was able to get a couple of Stone's 10 year anniversay Ruination IPA. Great stuff!
"Richness is defined not by who has the most but by who needs the least."

Postby traderaaron » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:58 pm

OK, how about favorite beer in a can that you can take backpacking, camping, hiking? I prefer cans for this type of situation.

The New Belgium Shift is certainly fine, everything else I have around (Sierra Nevada Bigfoot, Dillon Dam Sweet George's Ale, New Belgium Lips of Faith Tart Lychee) is in bottles. I suppose Deviant Dale's Pale Ale will be high on a can only list.

BTW--I added the juice of half a lemon to a Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Ale and thought it was really refreshing that way for a summer beer, makes it more multi-purpose I guess.
Last edited by traderaaron on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby rockchalker » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Modus Hoperandi would be one of my favorites in a can. Happy Camper from Santa Fe is also pretty good and with the right name.
"Richness is defined not by who has the most but by who needs the least."

Postby OBC13 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Wait a minute. I went through the first 10 pages and there was only one vote for Coors, and his wife works there. I don't usually drink beer but when I do, I prefer Coors. Stay thirsty!
OBC13

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:49 pm

OBC13 wrote:Wait a minute. I went through the first 10 pages and there was only one vote for Coors, and his wife works there. I don't usually drink beer but when I do, I prefer Coors. Stay thirsty!

Hmm, that reminds me that I need to add a barf smilie to the forum!
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby caverdude » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Drinking a Yeti stout right now and smiling.

PreviousNext