Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Manitou Alive - Venue 515 Aug11th noon to midnight

Colorado wildfires and flooding

Manitou Alive - Venue 515 Aug11th noon to midnight

Postby Tommy Dorr » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:15 am

This is gonna be a Big One!!

An amazing line up of well known local musicians, bands, artists and sponsors stepping up to donate what they do best. This is a benefit for the economic development of Manitou Springs. Furthermore, you'll get a key to the city for the day (and night). Here's our line up:

Charlie Milo
Grant Sabine
Joe Johnson
Animus Invidious
Sound Shop
Axiom Trio
Chris Winters
Ode To The Marionette
Chris Winters
Adam Lopez and His Mighty LoCasters

(order of appearance TBD)

Here's how it works. Entry to this event is a $10 donation. With this you get an entry bracelet, a raffle ticket and the satisfation of helping Manitou Springs where and when it counts most.

Your entry bracelet allows you to enter and exit the event freely all day and night. You'll be given a playbill outlining the acts, times, styles, raffels, special events, etc. You'll also get a Map of Manitou showcases many of our many unique businesses and fare. We highly encourage you to tour our amazing oasis and come back to Venue 515 to see the performances as you please. You'll also receive a raffle ticket for the many art and business give aways between each act.

Where else can you find this all under one roof? No where, so don't miss it!!
"Try not... do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"When the Power of Love overcomes the Love for Power, then the world will Know Peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Re: Manitou Alive - Venue 515 Aug11th noon to midnight

Postby Craig Cook » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:35 am

Sounds like a very cool event, Tommy!

Living in Missouri, I doubt I'll be able to make the event, but I do plan to spend some time and money in Manitou Springs next week when I'm out there! This will be my fourth year in a row visiting Manitou, and my wife and I absolutely love it - even when we have to walk through the groups smoking weed on the bridge leading over to the stage area. \:D/
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Postby Tommy Dorr » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Bump :D
"When the Power of Love overcomes the Love for Power, then the world will Know Peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Postby Toni Marie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Anyone know of specific businesses (particularly restaurants) that are suffering from the fires? My friend and I are going to storm down there tomorrow and eat lots of food from these struggling businesses. :-)
Toni Marie
"I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky. The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullaby. Rocky Mountain High, Colorado."

Postby susanjoypaul » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:51 am

I shared it out on my Facebook page...

This looks like a great time out in a friendly town with some excellent entertainment! Who doesn't love live music? I'll be there! Besides, I haven't played at the penny arcade in a long time, or enjoyed an ice cream cone on the sidewalk, or eaten a delicious meal at Adams Mountain Cafe, or... well, just too many reasons to hit this one up.

Postby Jim Davies » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:35 am

My son & I ate lunch at Savelli's last Friday - it was basically empty with just one other table occupied. Great pizza, maybe the best in the Springs metro area.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby d_baker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:23 pm

a big +1 for Savelli's!! Ate there yesterday. New York Special....mmmmm.

Tommy, that's a cool thing you guys are doing! I won't be around though.

Postby Tommy Dorr » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Pretty much anyplace in Manitou Springs and/or Old Colorado City could use the extra bump of outside money. In less than a week, Manitou laid off over 100 private sector employees. During peak season, too. If you do come down, mention that you are here to support the community in their time of need. They'll love it.

May I also suggest a Manitou Springs Discount Card for $10. You'll easily save that much from just an hour of shopping and eating. The show on Aug11th gives you one of these cards. Remember, it's never too early for Xmas or BDay shopping.

Manitou also has some of the best mineral springs in the world and they are FREE. I mix it with OJ and it's killer!!

http://www.manitousprings.org/manitou-card

Postby Tommy Dorr » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:47 pm

susanjoypaul wrote:I shared it out on my Facebook page...

This looks like a great time out in a friendly town with some excellent entertainment! Who doesn't love live music? I'll be there! Besides, I haven't played at the penny arcade in a long time, or enjoyed an ice cream cone on the sidewalk, or eaten a delicious meal at Adams Mountain Cafe, or... well, just too many reasons to hit this one up.

Hey Susan,

Hit me up with a PM before the show. I'm treating anyone from 14ers.com to a free beer to coming to the event and giving us support.

Anyone else that would like to support this event, but can't make it. You can always buy a ticket for a friend :D

Postby Jim Davies » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:09 am

Cash mob today: https://www.facebook.com/events/337509209657491/
Parking and a free shuttle is available behind Tajine Alami.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby Jesse M » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:01 am

Anyone else planning to attend this event? It looks like it should be a great time for a great cause!

Postby Tommy Dorr » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Well, I'll be there. :D

Of course, I'm the event organizer though. I hafta be there.

Next