Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

weather page scrolling problem?

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

weather page scrolling problem?

Postby d_baker » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Anyone else having a problem viewing the entire weather page (by 14er)?
I can't scroll down very far, so mucho info is missing.

I can only scroll as far as to see half of the map and only a couple of days worth of forecast.

Re: weather page scrolling problem?

Postby tmathews » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:58 pm

d_baker wrote:Anyone else having a problem viewing the entire weather page (by 14er)?

I can only scroll as far as to see half of the map and only a couple of days worth of forecast.

I thought about mentioning this earlier, but I haven't had any problems with it. The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes I have to use the horizontal scroll bar to see some things. I have to scroll the bar all the way over to the right side to get the vertical scroll bar on the NWS page so I can see further down on the page (if that makes sense). The problem is because the NWS redesigned their forecast pages (not sure how I feel about them yet, but at least they still have the pinpoint forecasts). Bill will probably have to make some changes to the weather pages because of the redesign. He mentioned being out in the backcountry for most of July, though, so it may take a little while.
Last edited by tmathews on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby d_baker » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks Terry...I didn't think of that. #-o

Postby Tigerbear » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:34 pm

yes i have been having problems for weeks getting the weekly , forecast by day.
people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel...

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Yup, they re-formatted the NWS pages and they're a bit difficult to work with. Until I can make some changes to accomodate the most recent NWS design, some scrolling is necessary. Also, if you have a "wheel" on your mouse, you may be able to use it to scroll without moving left-to-right.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby forbins_mtn » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:18 pm

hell Bill - take your time, man. enjoy the backcountry. the weather pages are doable. i'm pretty sure we can handle a little scrolling and adjusting

Postby dcbates80911 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:34 pm

d_baker wrote:Anyone else having a problem viewing the entire weather page (by 14er)?

I had similar problems, but on my computer, I was able to click anywhere inside the weather report box and then hit page down to see everything. Hopefully that helps.
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Postby Jim Davies » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:48 pm

In Firefox, you can also right-click and pick "This frame"/"Show only this frame" to get just the NOAA page. Probably something similar is available in other browsers.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright