Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Bill, can you make 14ers.com more work friendly?

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Re: Bill, can you make 14ers.com more work friendly?

Postby RJansen77 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 pm

tmathews wrote:Rob and Kitten -- can you click this link and change the style? http://14ers.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?i=165

Edit: Looks like that works. I changed to "Mobile" and clicked on the link and was able to change it back.

It worked, thanks Terry!
"But it doesn't matter if your in Valdez skiing out of a helicopter, or putzing around on a flat hill somewhere in Iowa. That adrenaline rush comes when you satisfy your most basic instinct, your own search for freedom."

-Warren Miller

I almost always wear a bathing suit when I climb. If you see me say hey!

Postby Kitten » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:54 pm

USAKeller wrote:
Kitten wrote:same here, I changed to mobile and now I can not change back to ultra blue. How do I fix this?
Are you on your smartphone or a computer?

I am on a computer. Tried the link Terry sent and it fixed it! Thanks!!
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda, Star Wars.

Postby USAKeller » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:55 pm

RJansen77 wrote:I'm on a computer USAKeller. I can't seem to access the "User Control Panel" page. It's normally in the upper right when you're browsing the forum in "Ultra Blue," but there's no link in the "mobile" forum. I've tried looking at other pages as well as searching for it, and haven't found anything.

That's really interesting - when I'm on 14ers through my iPhone in the mobile version, I can click on the "Full Site" link at the bottom of the page to take me to the standard ultra blue. Then I can get into my user control panel and change the settings. But on my desktop, I changed to mobile and there was no full site link to be able to get back into my user control panel. So without Terry's link, I couldn't find a way to do it through using mobile on my desktop.
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?

Postby RJansen77 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:02 pm

USAKeller wrote:
RJansen77 wrote:I'm on a computer USAKeller. I can't seem to access the "User Control Panel" page. It's normally in the upper right when you're browsing the forum in "Ultra Blue," but there's no link in the "mobile" forum. I've tried looking at other pages as well as searching for it, and haven't found anything.

That's really interesting - when I'm on 14ers through my iPhone in the mobile version, I can click on the "Full Site" link at the bottom of the page to take me to the standard ultra blue. Then I can get into my user control panel and change the settings. But on my desktop, I changed to mobile and there was no full site link to be able to get back into my user control panel. So without Terry's link, I couldn't find a way to do it through using mobile on my desktop.

Yup, I was able to access "My Display Settings", but not the "User Control Panel". I'm sure there's a way around it, I just couldn't find it without Terry's link. #-o
"But it doesn't matter if your in Valdez skiing out of a helicopter, or putzing around on a flat hill somewhere in Iowa. That adrenaline rush comes when you satisfy your most basic instinct, your own search for freedom."

-Warren Miller

I almost always wear a bathing suit when I climb. If you see me say hey!

Postby wildlobo71 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks for the advice, I tried the switch over, too, and it looked all well and good. I guess I will now click the Terry link to switch ba... wait, PC Load Letter? What the f**k does that mean?!
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:13 pm

What?!? I forgot to add a User Control Panel link in the mobile version. :wft: Oopsie

I'll get that out there.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby prestone818 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Would it be possible to have it so that when you are in a mobile thread and you click on full site, it takes you to that thread in the full site rather than home screen? Minor issue but would be nice if possible. Thank you

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:34 am

I've added a "Profile Settings" link to the top of the mobile, forum interface so there's a way to switch between the templates on non-mobile devices. Mobile devices will always default to the mobile template unless the user clicks the "Full Site" link at the bottom.

prestone818 wrote:Would it be possible to have it so that when you are in a mobile thread and you click on full site, it takes you to that thread in the full site rather than home screen? Minor issue but would be nice if possible. Thank you

Based on how it's currently set up, this isn't easy to do right now but I'll keep that on the list because there's a few other changes I'd like to make to the Full Site<-->Mobile switching process.

Postby prestone818 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:35 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I've added a "Profile Settings" link at the top of the mobile, forum interface. This link only allows for some global settings changes, including the template but now we have a way to switch between the templates on non-mobile devices. Mobile devices will always default to the mobile template unless the user clicks the "Full Site" link at the bottom.

prestone818 wrote:Would it be possible to have it so that when you are in a mobile thread and you click on full site, it takes you to that thread in the full site rather than home screen? Minor issue but would be nice if possible. Thank you

Based on how it's currently set up, this isn't easy to do right now but I'll keep that on the list because there's a few other changes I'd like to make to the Full Site<-->Mobile switching process.

its cool, thanks Bill!

Postby JDip » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:37 pm

I have a few minor suggestions myself, but it might only make sense to me..

On the mobile app, when in the first page where the latest replies to forum topics are, it'd be sweet to click on the name badge of the person who posted something and have that link me straight to their peak list and whatnot. I've thought of it a few times already and this thread inspired me to say it.

Also, the mobile app on my android phone doesn't quote at all, I mean it does, but I have to find what I want to quote and then highlight and copy via my device and then paste it onto my post. There's gotta be an easier way to do that. Also, the smilies don't work when I click to add them.

Am I the only one who's experienced the said difficulties with the mobile phone site?
I want to know the thoughts of God. All the rest are details. -Albert Einstein

It's not the height of the mountain that makes it great, it is the mountain itself. -J.D.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:20 am

I hadn't noticed those, but I'll fix them
Thx

Postby Tory Wells » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:50 am

Oh, and remember: next Friday... is Hawaiian shirt day. So, you know, if you want to, go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans. :mrgreen:
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach

PreviousNext