Recent 4 Pass Loop conditions?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
brech
14ers: 36  4  1 
13ers: 22 4 1
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Recent 4 Pass Loop conditions?

Post by brech »

Thanks for the loop report,
Any info on the Bells, my 57th b-day is coming up on July 7th and I'm thinking this is a good year to ring them and have my cake too!
Bob
RJansen77
14ers: 52  3  9 
13ers: 6 1
Trip Reports (17)

Post by RJansen77 »

brech wrote:Thanks for the loop report,
Any info on the Bells, my 57th b-day is coming up on July 7th and I'm thinking this is a good year to ring them and have my cake too!
Bob
We did the Bells traverse on Saturday. Standard routes are dry and there is one small patch of snow on the traverse that didn't hinder us. Had axe and microspikes the whole day and didn't need them.

A TR should be up some time tomorrow.
"But it doesn't matter if your in Valdez skiing out of a helicopter, or putzing around on a flat hill somewhere in Iowa. That adrenaline rush comes when you satisfy your most basic instinct, your own search for freedom."

-Warren Miller

I almost always wear a bathing suit when I climb. If you see me say hey!
Tommy Dorr
14ers: 55 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Tommy Dorr »

I just got back from Four Passes Loop and Hagerman yesterday. Started Thursday afternoon. The whole route is pretty snow free, the most being between Trail Rider Pass and Snowmass Lake. There's a little postholeing, but nothing bad. The snow is very consolidated and my novice girlfriend didn't have any problems crossing in her summer boots. There are a few stream crossings in which boots must be removed to cross. Much of the route is very wet due to drainage, otherwise the area is very dry. The flowers do seem to be a week or so early. If anyone one has any specific questions on the Loop or Hagerman, fire away.
"Try not... do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"When the Power of Love overcomes the Love for Power, then the world will Know Peace." - Jimi Hendrix
highplaces
14ers: 58  11 
13ers: 100 3
Trip Reports (9)

4 Pass Loop Conditions

Post by highplaces »

Hiked the 4 Pass Loop over the weekend. All the passes are clear, there are small snow patches between Snowmass Lake up to Trail Rider Pass/up the Fravert Basin side of Frigid Air Pass, but easily passable in trail runners. Carried microspikes but never used them. Water crossing at North Fork Crystal River was easy. The West Maroon Creek crossing was running stronger, up to the knees, but easily crossed.
SnowAlien
14ers: 58  57  58 
13ers: 652 118 15
Trip Reports (111)

Post by SnowAlien »

Buckskin pass as of this Sunday
tmahon
14ers: 58  57  6 
13ers: 206 102
Trip Reports (2)

Post by tmahon »

I put some route photos up from this past Saturday,
http://www.stuckintherockies.com/2012/0 ... ss-loop-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;