Eccles Pass snow conditions

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Eph 2 5
14ers: 43 
13ers: 94
Trip Reports (3)

Eccles Pass snow conditions

Post by Eph 2 5 »

Does anyone know what the snow conditions are like on the trail to Eccles Pass from the Meadow Creek trailhead near I-70? Also, I was curious what the snow conditions are like on the Willow Lakes approach to Red Peak. Thanks a lot for your help.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Re: Eccles Pass snow conditions

Post by d_baker »

From Memorial Day, but by now it's probably melted out down low too. Read through the post and you'll see that the op did a trip recently up there. Maybe send him a pm.
OmahaAdam
Trip Reports (1)

Post by OmahaAdam »

I was up there just over a week ago and the Willow Lakes approach was dry well past the junction of Gore Trail 60 and up to the Salmon/Willow Lakes trailhead. Didn't encounter any snow until we got to the Salmon/Willow Lakes trail split, say maybe 11,200ft-ish. Our destination was Salmon Lake and there were no remarkable snow obstacles on that segment, but I did hear of some deep drifts on the Willow Lakes path.
GoPackGo
Trip Reports (0)

Post by GoPackGo »

From Meadow Creek it is dry until 11,000 or so. Then there is some snow covering the trail. We crossed the creek and walked on the west facing slopes that were dry and met up with the Gore Range Trail. The actual hike up the pass is dry as is the ridge to Deming and to Eccles Peaks. This was on 6/4.