Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Access to the entire Culebra range

Colorado 14ers access and fee issues only, please

Re: Access to the entire Culebra range

Postby djkest » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:47 am

Lenteman wrote:Hello all,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Len Beké and I'm a long distance hiker from Belgium. Previously I have walked the length of the Pyrenees (900km) and the Picos de Europa (300km) both in Spain. Currently I am planning a hike that follows the Sangre de Cristo Mountains from Pecos, NM, to Poncha Springs Colorado.
Thank you,
Len

Len, just wondering if you are still planning this trip and how things are going. The Cielo Vista ranch people are pretty nice and may allow you access if you ask nicely. They will probably charge you a fee, I would estimate $200 USD (which is what they charge people to climb Culebra Peak in winter).

For distance hiking, the Colorado Trail is fairly long, well developed, and scenic. I know you are striving for a different goal with this undertaking though and I can understand that, just wanted to present a little alternative if you grow tired of attempting to figure out our private land ownership laws.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

Re: Access to the entire Culebra range

Postby plainview » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:41 am

Contact information for The Hill Ranch:

Ranch Contact:

Mike Powell
19402 Hwy 350
Trinidad CO 81082
719-846-2539

Map of ranch:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCollectionDocuments/DOW/Maps/Hunting/BigGame/RanchingForWildlife/Hill_West.pdf

Previous