Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Share your most beautiful photo

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to try and sell your photos or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Re: Share your most beautiful photo

Postby djkest » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:33 pm

reinhold wrote:Here's a favorite of mine featuring Bierstadt's sweet east ridge (Bierstadt's summit on the left). Most beautiful? Probably not, but it's up there for me.

That looks awesome! Where have you been all my life, Bierstadt's east ridge? Looks like a nice class 3 scramble with moderate exposure. How's the whole route stack up?
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

Postby metalmountain » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:39 pm

djkest wrote:
reinhold wrote:Here's a favorite of mine featuring Bierstadt's sweet east ridge (Bierstadt's summit on the left). Most beautiful? Probably not, but it's up there for me.

That looks awesome! Where have you been all my life, Bierstadt's east ridge? Looks like a nice class 3 scramble with moderate exposure. How's the whole route stack up?

It is one of my favorite routes I have done. Its all solid and airy enough to make it fun. Definitely a must do.
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby Billy the Kid » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:08 pm

I know you are never going to win an award for "Most Original Picture" with a picture of the Bells, but there's a reason so many people take pictures of it! Happy trails everyone!
Attachments
tPic17.1.jpg
tPic17.1.jpg (246.82 KiB) Viewed 388 times
"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So, be on your way."- Dr. Seuss
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious."- Michael Scott

Postby MtHurd » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Billy the Kid wrote:I know you are never going to win an award for "Most Original Picture" with a picture of the Bells, but there's a reason so many people take pictures of it! Happy trails everyone!

I always tell people that have never been to Colorado to go see the Bells despite the crowds. I never get tired of that view.

Postby gonzalj » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Barry Raven wrote:
Billy the Kid wrote:I know you are never going to win an award for "Most Original Picture" with a picture of the Bells, but there's a reason so many people take pictures of it! Happy trails everyone!

I always tell people that have never been to Colorado to go see the Bells despite the crowds. I never get tired of that view.

+1

Postby RyanSchilling » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:49 am

djkest wrote:

I've done the route twice, once as part of Tour D'Abyss and once using the Abyss Trail from the Burning Bear CG. It's a classic. Fun scrambling, with enjoyable routefinding. If it has a downside it's that the route finishes as a simple talus hike once you're past the scrambling lower on the ridge.

Postby kman » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:03 pm

The Matterhorn.
Attachments
Zermatt-Tasch and the Matterhorn 080.jpg
Zermatt-Tasch and the Matterhorn 080.jpg (70.55 KiB) Viewed 166 times

Postby randalmartin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Photos from a recent trip to London for business. Found time for a weekend trip to the south west coast of England. Excellent hiking along this hilly coastline.

DurdleDoor4.jpg
South Coast of England
DurdleDoor4.jpg (238.32 KiB) Viewed 146 times

The attachment DurdleDoor4.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
DurdleDoor3.jpg
Durdle's Door south coast of England
DurdleDoor3.jpg (222.51 KiB) Viewed 146 times

Postby Rarefied » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Windsor Lake ...

Windsor Lake (small).jpg
Windsor Lake (small).jpg (204.62 KiB) Viewed 521 times

Postby SkiBum1287 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Does anybody know where to print large pictures with reasonable quality? Looking to add something to my blank walls. The pictures will probably be larger than 16x20.
Attachments
Missouri Iowa Emerald.jpg
Missouri Iowa Emerald.jpg (274.03 KiB) Viewed 487 times
Snow!

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 pm

SkiBum1287 wrote:Does anybody know where to print large pictures with reasonable quality? Looking to add something to my blank walls. The pictures will probably be larger than 16x20.

Bayphoto.com out of Santa Cruz does a great job. I visited their lab when we lived in San Fran which gave me confidence. They are also very well respected in the photo community. I use them to hang very large wall prints all the time, including gallery showings. Not too expensive either. By the way, very nice shot. Great color and contrast. Should look good. Last time I was up there I was trail running Missouri, Iowa and Emerald, but the views were less enjoyed because sweat and sunscreen were clouding my eyes, a good day.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:46 pm

My favorite photo isn't of technical prowess, but more of a very memorable day kayaking in Alaska. A seal jumping onto your spray skirt for no apparent reason isn't soon forgotten.

Disclaimer, no tricks or photoshop were used in this photo as so often is the case. It happened about 12 years ago, I have the negatives.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

PreviousNext