14ers.com iPhone App released!

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
GBguy
14ers: 44  1 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (2)

Re: 14ers.com iPhone App HERE!

Post by GBguy »

Hey Bill,

Absolutely awesome! I particularly like the "Save Maps / Images Offline" function. What a great idea.

One question....Is there a reason why all the routes are not listed? For example, I was looking at Holy Cross and the first thing I noticed is that only the North Ridge (Standard) Route is showing, and I don't see the Halo Ridge Route. I searched the Android App thread and didn't see anything about this. Is this because that route is by a 14ers.com user?

Thanks guys for getting the App out in time for the climbing season.
"You know, if you take everything I've ever accomplished in my entire life and condense it down into one day, it looks decent!"
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

For now, only routes that I created (not user-contributed) are in the iPhone and Android apps. There are only a handful of user-contributed routes on the site and they may be added to the apps in the future.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
ap snow
14ers: 58  58  16 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ap snow »

Thanks Bill!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Austinporzo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SummitKathy
14ers: 52  2 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (2)

Post by SummitKathy »

wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooo!!!! \:D/
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”-John Muir
meyeralex
14ers: 22 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by meyeralex »

Now time for a 13ers.com app! :wink: Great work, I've been waiting for this day!
ilium
14ers: 43 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by ilium »

Now I HAVE to get an iPhone!
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

Great App Bill. Thanks. In the future is it going to be connected to the website? So we can update TH, mountain conditions, write in the forum from the app?
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
AlexMack
14ers: 30  2 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexMack »

Yes, thanks! My one regret from switching to iPhone this winter was not having the 14ers.com app - now it's all good!
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." - Evan Hardin
Cptkahuna
14ers: 12 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Cptkahuna »

Great!
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellom!
JsinDeAZ
14ers: 37  1 
Trip Reports (4)

Post by JsinDeAZ »

I have an Iphone 3G and it won't let me download this app.... And iTunes is saying I have latest version of iOS. Bummed.... Guess I'll keep doing it the natural way in the hills and finding my own way...
-----------------------------
I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

...I love not man the less, but Nature more... - Lord Byron
bhess86
14ers: 24  1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bhess86 »

Awesome awesome awesome! Thank you so much to everyone who developed this!
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

Thanks to Bill, Nathan, and the beta testers for all their hard work in developing this marvelous app! Now 14er-aficionados have the latest technological arsenal at their fingertips. Bring on the summits, and let the good times roll! =D>
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius