Super Scary Avy Conditions on Mizzou

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Gueza
14ers: 58  58  21 
13ers: 41 14
Trip Reports (15)

Re: Super Scary Avy Conditions on Mizzou

Post by Gueza »

jmoney wrote:Nothing like some high school name calling to boost the intellectual value of a thread ](*,) I made that comment half jokingly, and I admit I could have worded it better. What prompted me to get up on a soapbox was seeing a group of 3 skiers/riders who were heading up to ski the East Face of Huron Sun with NO AVY GEAR whatsoever.
There was another group of 3 skiers heading up to ski the E face of Huron on Sunday besides our own? We didn't see them unless of course you are referring to my group of 4 whose members were all equipped with avy gear and knowledge.
Good luck breeds bad habits.
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by EatinHardtack »

Gueza wrote:
jmoney wrote:Nothing like some high school name calling to boost the intellectual value of a thread ](*,) I made that comment half jokingly, and I admit I could have worded it better. What prompted me to get up on a soapbox was seeing a group of 3 skiers/riders who were heading up to ski the East Face of Huron Sun with NO AVY GEAR whatsoever.
There was another group of 3 skiers heading up to ski the E face of Huron on Sunday besides our own? We didn't see them unless of course you are referring to my group of 4 whose members were all equipped with avy gear and knowledge.
Eric,
We went up Saturday....remember the total ass hat of a day to be on snow?

Jay, Good thread bud.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Gueza
14ers: 58  58  21 
13ers: 41 14
Trip Reports (15)

Post by Gueza »

EatinHardtack wrote:
Gueza wrote:
Eric,
We went up Saturday....remember the total ass hat of a day to be on snow?

Jay, Good thread bud.
Thanks for the correction Zach, my bad Jay. I'm a little sleep deprived with Huron, then prom, then after party, then football... I could hear you guys yelling in agony from across the lake once you got into that slushy, dead fall, talus, bushwacking $hit hole that was impossible to ski through haha. Going up and down through treeline really put a damper on the day. I think i'm almost ready to hang them up for the season just because of that.
Good luck breeds bad habits.
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by EatinHardtack »

Eric

Pissed off doesn't even come close to the emotions we all had after that day.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Sounds like a crazy weekend!!

All I can tell you is the fishing was crazy, too. Hooray!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs