Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

New Forum Look

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Re: New Forum Look

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:29 pm

d_baker wrote:Maybe my one complaint is the pop-up for the "jump to" on the bottom right hand corner. When I go to click next page or go to a specific page within the forum, that thing just jumps up and commands my attention! Even though I don't want to give it attention, but my cursor thing sometimes goes over that when moving it around.

Several people have mentioned this and I can see how it's a nuisance, so I just removed that "Jump To:" box.

I may be wrong, but I doubt many people use it or will care.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby mattpayne11 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:32 am

d_baker wrote:I'm indifferent to the changes.
I think the removal of the checklists from underneath our avatars was a good move; that should stop the debate/comments that comes up about users' (ego)checklist . My ego has already gotten over the fact that my checklist is not on display.

Plus you can just mouse-over to see... =) looks great Bill.

Postby 14erFred » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:56 am

Bill: Did you drop the signature from each user's post? I miss that feature. It's fun to read at the bottom of each post the information others choose to reflect themselves. (The signature seems to show up on some forum topics but not on others.)
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:58 am

14erFred wrote:Bill: Did you drop the signature from each user's post? I miss that feature. It's fun to read at the bottom of each post the information others choose to reflect themselves. (The signature seems to show up on some forum topics but not on others.)

I did not. Do you have signatures turn "off" in your User Control Panel/Profile settings? If not, it could be another bug with the new format.

Postby tmathews » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:00 am

14erFred wrote:Bill: Did you drop the signature from each user's post? I miss that feature. It's fun to read at the bottom of each post the information others choose to reflect themselves. (The signature seems to show up on some forum topics but not on others.)

Go here and make sure you have "Display Signatures" marked "Yes": ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view

Postby 14erFred » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks for your advice, Bill and Terry. I checked my user settings as you suggested and found that my display signature option was indeed marked "yes." The reason for my original post was that my signature is missing from a reply I posted earlier this morning (see http://www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=34720&start=12, 2nd post from the top), though my signature appears on other posts, including this one. Unclear why this inconsistency would occur. Thanks again for the suggestions, Bill and Terry.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:33 pm

14erFred wrote:Thanks for your advice, Bill and Terry. I checked my user settings as you suggested and found that my display signature option was indeed marked "yes." The reason for my original post was that my signature is missing from a reply I posted earlier this morning (see http://www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=34720&start=12, 2nd post from the top), though my signature appears on other posts, including this one. Unclear why this inconsistency would occur. Thanks again for the suggestions, Bill and Terry.

On any given post, you can display a signature or not for that single post. It's possible you unchecked it by accident when posting.

Postby djkest » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 pm

I have a complaint that not everyone will agree with-
The summit panoramas now include lots of 13ers.

I have nothing "against" 13ers and I am sure they are great mountains. But I am not familiar with 13ers. So when the 13er pops up, I spend a lot of time scrutinizing and looking at it, only to be fooled. I am trying to memorize all the 14er panos, but this is hurting my progress. I guess that sounds a little selfish, but it IS 14ers.com... and there is a separate 13ers.com website.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

Postby DeucesWild » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:34 pm

djkest wrote:I have nothing "against" 13ers and I am sure they are great mountains. But I am not familiar with 13ers. So when the 13er pops up, I spend a lot of time scrutinizing and looking at it, only to be fooled.

Shirley you can't be serious?
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby djkest » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:48 pm

DeucesWild wrote:
djkest wrote:I have nothing "against" 13ers and I am sure they are great mountains. But I am not familiar with 13ers. So when the 13er pops up, I spend a lot of time scrutinizing and looking at it, only to be fooled.

Shirley you can't be serious?

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

Postby 14erFred » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Given that the website is devoted to 14ers, I'd like to see the home page panoramas limited to 14ers. You can go to 13ers.com to view 13ers. The 14ers deserve to have their own panoramas. But that's just my own personal opinion. :)

Postby DeucesWild » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 pm

14erFred wrote:But that's just my own personal opinion.

Everybody's got one.

Mountain bigots. :roll:
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

PreviousNext