Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by dehrlich101 »

Finally tracked down the elusive Red Poppy Ale.. Found it at Mile High Wine and Spirits in Lakewood, only 12 in stock.

Red Poppy Ale
Red Poppy Ale
389653_964587092992_42105902_39421753_579682977_n.jpg (124.56 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
rhinos00
14ers: 5 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rhinos00 »

That's a nice find on the Red Poppy. A few of us recently enjoyed a bottle of Cigar City's Hunahpu's on the Bear Peak summit...I tried posting a picture, but the file is too big :(
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

Off the beaten path on "favorite beer" but does anyone know what "HHH" means on the Modus Hoperandi can? I do, as I called SKA to find out. I brought numerous favorites to Casper on Thanksgiving for my oldest brother and he asked me what "HHH" meant. Of the ones I brought, Modus was his fav.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
highpilgrim
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Triple hopped?
SeracZack
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SeracZack »

Hash House Harriers
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller
Johnson
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

Zack wins......that was quick....
Let's now keep this thread in topic.
J-RockandRockpile
Trip Reports (0)

Post by J-RockandRockpile »

Chaulk 1 up for Deviant Dales IPA
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good
surlyriser
14ers: 53 
13ers: 136
Trip Reports (0)

Post by surlyriser »

Happy National Beer Day!
Matt
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

I'd like to give a shout out to a couple fine folks for introducing me to some great suds this weekend.
First, thanks to Darrin of Kansas for trading me this:
velvetroostercard.jpg
velvetroostercard.jpg (293.11 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
Beyond the novelty of a trippel in a can (from Kansas), this stuff is really good. Has anyone seen it around the Front Range? I've only seen their IPA.

Second, on a tip from Presto, we stopped in the Bull and Bush last night for a hop infusion: http://www.bullandbush.com/news/post/take-the-plunge-
Basically, you get a pint of beer with a coffee press full of hop cones of your choice, which you can infuse into the beer for as long as you like. Whoever thought of this deserves a medal.
Hoppy trails, indeed.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
kansas
Trip Reports (4)

Post by kansas »

Matt wrote:I'd like to give a shout out to a couple fine folks for introducing me to some great suds this weekend.
Glad we could make the exchange. I still think I came out better on that deal!

I discussed this with Matt the other night, and while not a beer, you hopheads out there should give this dryhopped meade a try.
Attachments
Nectar or the Hops.jpg
Nectar or the Hops.jpg (126.99 KiB) Viewed 2552 times
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

kansas wrote:
Matt wrote:I'd like to give a shout out to a couple fine folks for introducing me to some great suds this weekend.
Glad we could make the exchange. I still think I came out better on that deal!

I discussed this with Matt the other night, and while not a beer, you hopheads out there should give this dryhopped meade a try.
Redstone is awesome, at the avery strong ale fest they had a blend of their black raspberry nectar and new belgium's la folie and it was really freakin good.
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

Freshly bottled Old Ale brewed with Marris Otter Malt, Flaked Maize, Simcoe, Cluster, and East Kent Golding Hops and Ole Ale Blend Yeast with a brettanomyces strain.

IMG_0515B.jpg
IMG_0515B.jpg (90.95 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ