Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

No Thank You button?

If you run into any problems using 14ers.com, please post a topic thread here.

Re: No Thank You button?

Postby Kiefer » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Darin, I would like to take this special opportunity to personally bestow upon yourself, a big thank you for thanking
Brian who in turn, extended the opportunity onto yourself again, to thank him. So.....thank you! 8)
And in turn, thanks Brian for having the foresight to set these events in motion to grant darin the special opportunity
to have himself thank you! Thank you!

Johnson wrote:I love you d_baker. Thank you.

Ah, crap. I feel a man date coming on! :shock:
Barry, I'm not thanking you. Wait, scratch that, thank your wife instead! Crap. That sounded really bad. :oops:
The steak was fantastic by the way! So I guess I am thanking you!

If we can't have a thank you button, can we at least get a "go to hell" button?
"Wisdom comes from making mistakes.
Experience, is the knowledge of knowing what to do when one makes a mistake and wisdom,
stems from the changes we go through while learning from those mistakes."

Postby d_baker » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Johnson & Kiefer:
You're welcome. Thank you, it's been great! (I don't know what that means...)

Postby unclegar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:01 pm

I think Bear has been preparing to make a post on the "Favorite Beer?" thread. :lol:

Seriously, though... if we get a "thank you" button and a "you're welcome" button, then we'll need a "no thank you" button and a "you're not welcome" button. Oh, and don't forget the "I know, right?" button. :D oh, yeah, and Kiefer - we'll also need a "go to heaven" button. :wink:
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Postby Johnson » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:59 pm

unclegar wrote:

I think Bear has been preparing to make a post on the "Favorite Beer?" thread. :lol:

Seriously, though... if we get a "thank you" button and a "you're welcome" button, then we'll need a "no thank you" button and a "you're not welcome" button. Oh, and don't forget the "I know, right?" button. :D oh, yeah, and Kiefer - we'll also need a "go to heaven" button. :wink:

How 'bout a "Go To Texas!" button. No offense. :P
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby ChrisRoberts » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:23 am

If we did a thank you button here not only will I have to check off as many boxes as possiblefor peaks but also but get as many thanks as possible to boost my ego! Oh noes!
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: Ramsay, Sugarloaf and Skull

Postby Monster5 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:46 am

A simple "thanks" or "like" button isn't a bad idea as a means of acknowledgement. No need to a bigger deal out of it than it is. Remember when some went up in arms over the "like" button on Trip Reports? Not so bad, huh? Some use it and others ignore it.

It doesn't need to be as obtrusive as SP - keep it simple and easy with no recorded profile statistics or scrawling name lists across the bottom.

It would clear up some clutter on the site and reduce a number of frivolous posts. Rather than reading a thread filled with "thanks for the beta" and "awesome pictures," we could instead enjoy one with a larger proportion of direct, meaningful information or fine banter from gentlemen such as those above to pass a Friday afternoon at work.
"The road to alpine climbing is pocked and poorly marked, ending at an unexpectedly closed gate 5 miles from the trailhead." - MP user Beckerich

Postby Josh Lewis » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:10 am

d_baker wrote:I would abuse it. For sure.

For every person who posts that it would get abused, a pizza gets wasted! :twisted:

Monster5 wrote:It would clear up some clutter on the site and reduce a number of frivolous posts. Rather than reading a thread filled with "thanks for the beta" and "awesome pictures," we could instead enjoy one with a larger proportion of direct, meaningful information or fine banter from gentlemen such as those above to pass a Friday afternoon at work.

Thank You, you voiced my thoughts very well. :)

Postby d_baker » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:58 am

Actually, I really don't care if there's a thank you button added or not. I was only having fun with this.
Thanks for participating!

Monster5 wrote:fine banter from gentlemen such as those above to pass a Friday afternoon

Postby DeucesWild » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:23 am

Now that we've gotten this thanky-panky out of our system, on to a more serious request.

I want an icon added for summit moons. Hopefully, this will inspire canyongoddess to come out of retirement.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby susanjoypaul » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:13 am

anna wrote:Thank you for this idea. I could totally go for this icon ... as long as we add an icon for "summit moons in calendar winter". The butt icon would look the same as the non-winter icon, except the cheeks would be blue. 8)

We would have to include a "shrinkage icon" and a disclaimer for the guys: Chilly_Powder mooned 5 summits in calendar winter and suffered an average 70% shrinkage. Objects in "summit moons in calendar winter" photos may be *much* smaller than they appear in real life.

Postby d_baker » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:32 am

I was in the snow! I was in the snow!

"Do women know about shrinkage?"
"You mean like laundry?"

Thank you Anna & Susan for taking this very important topic to the gutter. It's a good place to be.

The poor op, just joined the site and already one of his threads goes way off topic. =D>

Postby unclegar » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:43 am

Johnson wrote:How 'bout a "Go To Texas!" button. No offense. :P
Hey! I resemble that remark! :roll:

anna wrote: I could totally go for this icon ... as long as we add an icon for "summit moons in calendar winter". The butt icon would look the same as the non-winter icon, except the cheeks would be blue. 8)
You mean like this?
small-Blue_Moon.jpg
small-Blue_Moon.jpg (8.74 KiB) Viewed 416 times
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Previous