Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Using Ropes on 14ers

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.

Re: Using Ropes on 14ers

Postby DeucesWild » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:27 pm

crossfitter wrote:Don't you have your own rack to photograph, instead of stealing this guy's 6 year old picture?

Inspector Cross Trainer,

Trust me, my rack is much more impressive. I just don't have any pics of it handy at work, thus, the internet "plagiarism".
Let's see yours since obviously you think it's such a normal thing to have on hand.

D
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby Doug Shaw » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Brian C wrote:
crossfitter wrote:
DeucesWild wrote:Here's my rack for an upcoming assault on Bross. Be prepared! I even carry a spare helmet.

bross assault.jpg

Don't you have your own rack to photograph, instead of stealing this guy's 6 year old picture?

http://circus-maximus.blogspot.com/2006/01/ozymandias-cheats-beta.html

Haha! Busted!
#-o

Oooh, buuuurn, you guys got him on that one! I'm sure he feels terrible and will never, ever do it again!

I always thought that longmonster was such a straight-shootin' individual! My worldview is shattered. Shattered, I say!

Postby kansas » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:32 pm

DeucesWild wrote:
crossfitter wrote:Don't you have your own rack to photograph, instead of stealing this guy's 6 year old picture?

Inspector Cross Trainer,

Trust me, my rack is much more impressive. I just don't have any pics of it handy at work, thus, the internet "plagiarism".
Let's see yours since obviously you think it's such a normal thing to have on hand.

D

Check his trip reports. He's shown it many times, you know, in use.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby crossfitter » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 pm

DeucesWild wrote:

Inspector Cross Trainer,

D

I'm too ashamed to post pictures of my rack, it's all scratched up and dirty and I would look foolish next to your new, shiny gear.
- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack

Postby DeucesWild » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:28 pm

crossfitter wrote:I'm too ashamed to post pictures of my rack

I can understand that.

Sorry that the post was over both your head and the beer keg. Apparently, the only one here with any sense of the meaning of sardonic is pvnisher.

I'll point out the obvious, Inspector: a rack fit for El Cap is sort of ridiculous when described as one for an assault on Mt. Bross. Kinda like a lengthy discussion about ropework on fourteeners, eh?

BTW, the pic I posted of my cat Kafka fording Capitol Creek was absolutely the real deal, so looking to get me on that one just won't work. :wink: He's got vertigo but I'm working on it for his next big climb.

Cheers.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby myfeetrock » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 pm

They say "eh?" instead of "what?" or "duh?"
That's the mighty power of Canada.
Michael Colson

Previous