Air Photography Site

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Mel McKinney
14ers: 29 
Trip Reports (3)

Air Photography Site

Post by Mel McKinney »

Interesting aerial photography site I found looking for Gore Range shots. Love those shots of the Aspens in the snow!

http://www.airphotona.com/images.asp?ca ... =Mountains
Mountains cast spells on me - Why, because of the way Earth-heaps lie, should I be Chocked by joy mysteriously; stilled or drunken-gay? Why should a brown hill trail Tug at my feet to go? Why should a boggy swale Tune my heart to a nameless tale Mountain marshes know?
--- Belle Turnbull ("Mountain-Mad")
somethingrandom
14ers: 16 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Air Photography Site

Post by somethingrandom »

We have lot of aerial photographers/aviators on the site.

I am smelling a 'flyin/flyover' of some of our better spots, who would be up for that?
-Just as soon as you idiot proof something, some a**hole is just going to come along and make a better idiot.

-To Cessna: "November one, zero, four Lima Papa, wind 080 at 90 peak gusts 120, runway 35 cleared for takeoff"

To fellow controller: "Watch this sh!t"

-Whether climbing or flying, the single greatest thing to remember is that every ascent is optional, and if you feel like making another, your subsequent descent is mandatory.
Mel McKinney
14ers: 29 
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Air Photography Site

Post by Mel McKinney »

There was an excellent thread a few months ago with aerial shots.
I love flying over the mountains trying to get the best views. :D
Mountains cast spells on me - Why, because of the way Earth-heaps lie, should I be Chocked by joy mysteriously; stilled or drunken-gay? Why should a brown hill trail Tug at my feet to go? Why should a boggy swale Tune my heart to a nameless tale Mountain marshes know?
--- Belle Turnbull ("Mountain-Mad")