Lost Park TH open?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
somethingrandom
14ers: 16 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Lost Park TH open?

Post by somethingrandom »

See subject line ;)
-Just as soon as you idiot proof something, some a**hole is just going to come along and make a better idiot.

-To Cessna: "November one, zero, four Lima Papa, wind 080 at 90 peak gusts 120, runway 35 cleared for takeoff"

To fellow controller: "Watch this sh!t"

-Whether climbing or flying, the single greatest thing to remember is that every ascent is optional, and if you feel like making another, your subsequent descent is mandatory.
Derek
Trip Reports (57)

Re: Lost Park TH open?

Post by Derek »

I usually call the ranger district for this road, since it's pretty popular they usually have good info. I would be SHOCKED if you could get to it though. There is a gate closure just before lost pass (6 miles or so before the TH) that I thought they closed in winter, but last time I called (last fall) the lady made it sound like they don't close it anymore.

Like I said though, I would be surprised if you could get there.

Where ya headed?

--D
somethingrandom
14ers: 16 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Lost Park TH open?

Post by somethingrandom »

Jorge and I were looking at Bison next couple days, and the shorter TH would allow us a bit more time/room to explore but sounds like Ute Creek is the best/only way to go.
-Just as soon as you idiot proof something, some a**hole is just going to come along and make a better idiot.

-To Cessna: "November one, zero, four Lima Papa, wind 080 at 90 peak gusts 120, runway 35 cleared for takeoff"

To fellow controller: "Watch this sh!t"

-Whether climbing or flying, the single greatest thing to remember is that every ascent is optional, and if you feel like making another, your subsequent descent is mandatory.